• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whomever (s)he is...I wanna put in for a NAM

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can do almost anything. You may not care about Navy regs and sop but don't cross the line. You aren't untouchable. The FAA could still violate you. If you want to fly professionally after that "last flight" might not want a violation on your record. On the other hand, we had a chief pilot flying a ceremonial last flight in the A300 that was also his retirement flight. He got so low over Miami Beach the Feds came after him. BFD! He retired like a Demi Prince and mandatory retirement at 60 (then) had already ensured he would work again as a pilot.

BOMBSonHAWKEYES

pilot
I made sure that I never did anything crazy on my last flight, but if I was gonna do that, I promise you that I wouldn't half-ass it. I'd do six bills at 60 feet squawking 6666(in standby) and I'd make sure that it was well after sunset so people could admire the candles. Nobody would know the squadron, let alone the platform or service.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Word on the street is that the guy got FNAEB'd - not sure what came of it (if anything).

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
He was and the FNAEB is working its way through the system.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Yep, he went to his next assignment. Just held up for a while.