• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS June IDC Board?

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
Now the question is does anyone have an idea when we'll be getting orders?

I was picked up for INTEL at the last board. I was able to get in touch with several other INTEL selects through airwarriors. Most of them have either already left for OCS or at least have a date. However, there is at least myself and one other person that I am aware of who are still waiting on FINSELs and orders. Since the people on airwarriors represent a very small subset of all the selects, my observations should be taken with a grain of salt. Our board released results around April 15th. So we have been waiting 2.5 months. You might as well come join all those waiting on orders in the thread Final Select Purgatory.

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/final-select-purgatory.33425/

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Now the question is does anyone have an idea when we'll be getting orders?
Like @psulaw0929 I was selected at the IDC board before this one. Got notified of selection by my OR around April 20, had verbals for the 5 July class about 3 weeks after that, FINSEL by Memorial Day, and ship out tomorrow. This probably represents nearly the best possible scenario time-wise while others still have yet to get a date at all, so obviously YMMV.

exNavyOffRec

Like @psulaw0929 I was selected at the IDC board before this one. Got notified of selection by my OR around April 20, had verbals for the 5 July class about 3 weeks after that, FINSEL by Memorial Day, and ship out tomorrow. This probably represents nearly the best possible scenario time-wise while others still have yet to get a date at all, so obviously YMMV.

you moved fast, not the norm, but then again it looks like they needed another for FY 15, there have been some that were selected Dec 2013 that waited until Sept 2014 to leave, some of it also depends on what the individual put for "date available"

PettyOfficerCJ

I was select for IW during the September 2014 IDC Board. In another week or two, I should have my orders to the 06SEP2015 OCS Class. You just never know with IDC.

1855kf

I know I am about four weeks late, but I was just wondering if anyone else here was in the same boat as me? I am currently AD. As of now my status is A for Alternate, my Bupers message says once I am found physically qualified my PQ and my letter is issued I will be given a second vote at NRC. If I receive a final Y vote then I will be notified via my chain of command.

exNavyOffRec

I know I am about four weeks late, but I was just wondering if anyone else here was in the same boat as me? I am currently AD. As of now my status is A for Alternate, my Bupers message says once I am found physically qualified my PQ and my letter is issued I will be given a second vote at NRC. If I receive a final Y vote then I will be notified via my chain of command.

no, A means that you are an alternate, that means either one of two things depending on how IDC worded their board selections it could mean either that if more spots become available/people drop that you will be moved from alternate to pro Y, or it could mean that if no more spots become available/no one drops that you will have to resubmit an application to the board. NRC won't take action until one of those things happens.

If Rufio has a copy of the IDC selections in pdf he might be able to shed some light on this.

1855kf

no, A means that you are an alternate, that means either one of two things depending on how IDC worded their board selections it could mean either that if more spots become available/people drop that you will be moved from alternate to pro Y, or it could mean that if no more spots become available/no one drops that you will have to resubmit an application to the board. NRC won't take action until one of those things happens.

If Rufio has a copy of the IDC selections in pdf he might be able to shed some light on this.[/QUOT

Thanks for the reply, I was basically interpreting the message as equivalent to being wait listed since it says on the npc website that alternates not processed this FY will be processed for shipping the next FY.

exNavyOffRec

That is the piece of info I was looking for, they have done that before but didn't want to make any assumptions to get your hopes up, "the next FY" could be a while since that board picked for FY 16, so you could be FY 16 if billets allow or FY 17, some will depend on what designator you were picked for, which was it?

1855kf

That is the piece of info I was looking for, they have done that before but didn't want to make any assumptions to get your hopes up, "the next FY" could be a while since that board picked for FY 16, so you could be FY 16 if billets allow or FY 17, some will depend on what designator you were picked for, which was it?
I applied for Intel and IW with Intel being my first pick, but my bupers message just says June 2015 IDC board