• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Numbers

ClassyGent23

Hello all,

I had a couple quick questions that I cannot seem to find answers for.

Generally, how many people apply and/or get picked up at the selection board?

Also, generally how many people are SWO at OCS; is there a certain percentage or number that they aim for?

WeissHatter

Selection rates vary. You can find selection rates from older boards just by doing some searching, try scanning through the different board dates. I was part of the 26FEB board, and Rufio had posted it was around a 60% selection rate. I can't answer on the amount of SWO's compared to others for OCS classes.

ClassyGent23

Selection rates vary. You can find selection rates from older boards just by doing some searching, try scanning through the different board dates. I was part of the 26FEB board, and Rufio had posted it was around a 60% selection rate. I can't answer on the amount of SWO's compared to others for OCS classes.

I figured there weren't any standard number. I must not have been searching the right terms because I couldn't yield anything.

Bluecore

The board that I got selected in was almost a 100% selection rate. I believe 73/75 applicants got picked up. From what I understand, the board in February was more along the lines of two thirds of applicants. I could definitely be wrong about that one.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Hello all,
I had a couple quick questions that I cannot seem to find answers for.
Generally, how many people apply and/or get picked up at the selection board?
Also, generally how many people are SWO at OCS; is there a certain percentage or number that they aim for?

The best answer is that the numbers vary board-to-board, year-to-year, and class-to-class. My OCS class was heavy on Intel, IP, and IW bubbas. The best advice you'll every receive in regards to Navy selections boards is this: If it's something you really want to do, apply early and apply often.