• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

26 July 2015

MemphisBell

pilot
My future classmates,

Do we have any idea yet of the planned graduation date of this class? Also, do we have any clue about the length of possible OHARP duty? I know some information was posted about that for other classes.

I know plans do change and individuals do run into issues at OCS, but I would just like to know what's planned.

Thanks team.

When I was sworn in on Thursday, I talked to my recruiter about OHARP and he was pretty sure that it should be an option when I get out. Said to expect at least 6-9 weeks of OHARPING fun before having to report to Pensacola. Ohh.... and graduation will probably be on Friday October 16.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Do we have any clue about the length of possible OHARP duty?

When I was sworn in on Thursday, I talked to my recruiter about OHARP and he was pretty sure that it should be an option when I get out. Said to expect at least 6-9 weeks of OHARPING fun before having to report to Pensacola. Ohh.... and graduation will probably be on Friday October 16.

I'm fairly sure that the length of OHARP depends on the availability of designator-specific classes at your follow-on school. If you were to graduate 16OCT and have a class-up date of 7NOV, chances are you'd only have a week or two, if anything at all.
It's probably best not to worry about this though; we won't be finding out anything about class dates until around our eighth week (unless you want to try to call your future schoolhouse lol...).

MemphisBell

pilot
Yeah it is very designator specific but I assume he was applying about SNA. I know that for SNA it depends on how things are in Pensacola. When we graduate, there will still be a lot of academy and ROTC students still waiting so OHARP might be a bit longer.

eggobase

Thanks guys,

Sorry I forgot to mention I'm going SNA. I'm actually pretty excited about OHARP duty anyway. It will give us time to find housing in P'cola and be around family and friends (you know, the people who always want to know exactly when you're leaving and when you're coming back haha).

Sorry loved ones... I'll be a leaf in the wind for the next several years...