• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Correspondence Course Review

RHINOWSO

"Yeah, we are going to need to see that one again"
None
Search works fine for me in JKO in Safari and Firefox. But yes, lots of the courses are no longer supported.

KevinIRR

I talked with an IRR counselor recently and asked about the June 1st course list. The title of the file says that it's for courses with start dates after June 1, so I wanted to know if we enrolled in courses before June 1 but completed after June 1, we'd get credit, and if so, whether they would need any additional documentation from us.

The person I spoke with said that as long as we complete the courses before the end of the current fiscal year, they would continue giving us credit even for courses on the prior September list. However, after the new fiscal year starts, all bets are off.

Is this consistent with what anyone else has heard?

PT Goodtimes

pilot
The "Approved List" excel file looks like it is now password protected -- I was able to access it a few weeks ago, anybody have any advice or have a copy of the 01 JUN List?

N4Life

Per-93 (among others at NPC) have stated this is a glitch due to software upgrade they are doing to the system. They stated that they don't expect the password glitch to be fixed until the end of June. Maybe -93 can email you the list?

The person I spoke with said that as long as we complete the courses before the end of the current fiscal year, they would continue giving us credit even for courses on the prior September list. However, after the new fiscal year starts, all bets are off.
I hope you got that conversation recorded. Even if it came from someone from Pers-912 and recorded, I don't know if I wold trust them to follow though. The initial message said course completed prior to October 2014 would still be approved but I had a number of courses rejected because they were not listed on the October list (the courses were completed and submitted to Pers in August, before the msg or list came out).

USNJahawk

pilot
I had to check in on the forum after getting the scare with the course lists being password protected now. Hopefully it is a glitch as others have pointed out. My first reaction was very effective way to limit courses in the IRR - don't let us see what they are. Sneaky. I just signed up for the distance learning Strategy & War class through NWC, which starts mid-July and is 36 points. I also signed up to become a BGO, which I'll enjoy and hopefully will provide some points down the road. Has anyone done the S&W course through distance learning (not the CD-based one)? If so, any advice how to make it as painless as possible? I'm thinking if ANY courses will be protected amidst all the chaos, it will be the three JPME ones. I just need 3 more years. Hoping this first course won't be too painful.

On a separate note, one of the posts brought up something I'd never heard...you need to apply for retirement 3-6 months before EOS or they won't index your retirement payments to inflation by giving you the pay table when you turn 60. That would halve a reserve retirement right there. I couldn't find anything on the PERS website that indicates this is true though. It states everyone will get the retired pay base on base pay in the chart when you turn 60.

Last edited:

rob00000

I talked with an IRR counselor recently and asked about the June 1st course list. The title of the file says that it's for courses with start dates after June 1, so I wanted to know if we enrolled in courses before June 1 but completed after June 1, we'd get credit, and if so, whether they would need any additional documentation from us.

Is this consistent with what anyone else has heard?

I talked to an IRR counselor today as well. I asked him about the June 1 list & what you were told. He placed me on hold. When he came back to the line he said his supervisor says whoever told you that was wrong. We will NOT get credit for those courses that were on previous lists that are not on the current 1 Jun 15 list.

I suppose you can always send them in & see what happens.

Also, for those without CAC, the CNRF N7 page indicates that the new list (including NRTCs and expanded JKO courses) is in final approval/signoff and will be available soon.

So, this will replace or supercede the June 1st list that is currently out?

I'm not trying to be glib, but that really depends upon who you ask.

What I mean by that is, this whole change (the original policy and reduced list) was a product of CNRFC N7. That says to me that they "own" this program/policy.

The "After 1-Jun" list that PERS-9 put out on the NPC webpage is their own (PERS-9's) product. CNRFC N7 disavows any involvement with it. From where I sit, that makes it (the "After 1-Jun" list) invalid from the get-go. I think that PERS-9 either misunderstood or overstepped their authority. The 191101ZAUG14 message clearly elucidates that course credit approval falls under the authority of CNRFC N7 and no one else.

Of course, ultimately it is PERS-9 who actually enters in credit for courses completed in our records; so I can see these murky waters getting even murkier in the coming months.

dyeah_gb

Thank you! What happened was I had the page zoomed so large that the "OK" button was not showing at the bottom for me. I lowered the zoom & "bam" there it was! It worked!

Thanks again!

How do you register with JKO? When I attempted to register, I got a response that said I needed to get approval through a government or military POC. How is that supposed to work for someone not actively drilling?

N4Life

Dyeah_gb,
Have JKO contacted Pers-93 as a sponsor. I used the IRR counselor. Make sure you contact -93 to make sure they follow through; they sometimes "don't see" the email from JKO.

dyeah_gb

Dyeah_gb,
Have JKO contacted Pers-93 as a sponsor. I used the IRR counselor. Make sure you contact -93 to make sure they follow through; they sometimes "don't see" the email from JKO.

Thank you for the gouge. I didn't think about using the IRR counselor as a sponsor.

rob00000

The "After 1-Jun-15" file can now be downloaded from the NPC IRR page again.

Today, at the NPC IRR page I tried to download the 1 Jun 15 list. Even though I have a copy of it already that I saved a while back before all the issues at the website, I wanted to see if the list was still downloadable or if changes were made, whatever.

Anyway, when the list came up I was shocked to see at the top it read "30SEP14". HUH? I compared it to the 30SEP14 list that I still have a copy of & sure enough it's the same list. Again, it reads "30SEP14" right on the top so it's certainly NOT the 1 Jun 15 list. It also doesn't have the "fields of training" field that only the 1 Jun 15 list has.

It must be another "error" at the website. (What else is new?)

If anyone needs a REAL copy of the 1 Jun 15 list emailed to them please inbox me your personal email address. I assume it should be easy for me to attach it & send it to you? (I hope)

rob00000

UPDATE: I've got some good news to share with everyone!

I called the IRR Counselors todays & told them how the 30 SEP 14 list comes up at the IRR website & NOT the 1 JUN 15 list. The guy checked it out & was puzzled when he saw that I was right.

He passed me to Chief Rincon his boss. She said we CAN USE the 30 Sep 14 list from now on! She also said in a couple of days there will be changes at the website to reflect that. They should change the date from 30 Sep 14 to a more current date for instance.

The 30 Sep 14 list has a lot more courses on it then the 1 Jun 15 list. PLUS! No fields of training! Take any course you want. I asked her if the fields of training no longer applies & she said it does not.

I asked her who approved the change & she said it was the Reserve Admiral.

Chief Rincon is pretty knowledgeable as I've dealt with her previously & she has always provided me with correct information.

Anyway, that is all.