• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY15 IDC DCO Boards

shiner237

looks like it's time for me to pop back on here.

Since my last run in 2012 and 2013, I bolstered my package by:
  • joining the USAFR in an IDC related field
  • earning my TS
  • finishing my MSIT
  • earning Secuirty+
  • accepting an IDC related position at work
  • moving family 800 miles to take said position
  • and finally getting 3 years older
My other stats are:
  • 8 years AD in the Army
  • 16 years exp in all aspects of telecommunications
  • 12 years leadership
I am shooting for the March 2016 board.

bryanteagle6

did you enlist in the AF - what AFOSC (or whatever they call jobs)? is your AF contract up? have you tried to enlist to officer in intelligence in the AF?

shiner237

did you enlist in the AF - what AFOSC (or whatever they call jobs)? is your AF contract up? have you tried to enlist to officer in intelligence in the AF?
Enlisted back at my grade I left the Army with in 99, which was the deciding factor over enlisting in the Navy Reserves. AF ascension are less liberal when it comes to age. I applied for IP a few years ago 2x. I plan to apply for IP and IW.

flags

Hello all. I've been a long time reader of these forums that have proven to be very informative. Like many others I have been undergoing the DCO process and refusing to give up in spite of the admin difficulties associated with new rules, processes, and versions of forms being implemented from board to board. Truly, the process by which a qualified (obviously a biased opinion) applicant can even have his package seen by the board seems to be beyond the ability of some recruiters. In any case, I was hoping someone in these forums could answer a quick question. Is it true that that the September 2015 DCO Intel board has been cancelled? Are board cancellations announced in any official announcements accessible via open source or .mil websites?

ReserveOfficerRecruiter

pilot
The latest version of the board schedule has the Reserve IDC board still taking place in September. Wondering where you heard mention of that board closing, as it's not one of the rumors I've seen floating around.

As for board cancellations, no announcements are made to the general public; however, your recruiter receives updates monthly via an updated board schedule.

flags

The latest version of the board schedule has the Reserve IDC board still taking place in September. Wondering where you heard mention of that board closing, as it's not one of the rumors I've seen floating around.

As for board cancellations, no announcements are made to the general public; however, your recruiter receives updates monthly via an updated board schedule.

Confirmed, straight from my recruiter's mouth, as though the decision has been made. Is this not true? I won't go in depth in an open forum but this sort of thing is becoming par for the course for my situation.

Confirmed, straight from my recruiter's mouth, as though the decision has been made. Is this not true? I won't go in depth in an open forum but this sort of thing is becoming par for the course for my situation.

The next IDC DCO board is still scheduled for September. No official decision has been made to cancel or shift the board, yet.

HR

Derek0812

Just a quick update...so others can gauge how quick the process can take after selection.

I was selected for IW at the March board and received FINSEL documents on Monday. I will commission at the end of next week. I've been out of the game (discharged in 2003) for awhile..so I'm getting a little anxious.

Just a quick update...so others can gauge how quick the process can take after selection.

I was selected for IW at the March board and received FINSEL documents on Monday. I will commission at the end of next week. I've been out of the game (discharged in 2003) for awhile..so I'm getting a little anxious.
Derek,
Congrats on your pending commissioning. Ensure that your OR uploads the signed IDC Service Agreement as well as the signed oath into CIRIMS. Once uploaded, ensure that your OR or your processors forwards your kit back to NRC HQ in CIRIMS.

HR

DCOorbust

ReserveOfficerRecruiter, sent you a message.

SuperHumanResources, I'm getting the same info about the DCO IDC Sep board being cancelled. Tried to message you, but can't...mind messaging me so we can have some .mil to .mil comms?

Northshore

ReserveOfficerRecruiter, sent you a message.

SuperHumanResources, I'm getting the same info about the DCO IDC Sep board being cancelled. Tried to message you, but can't...mind messaging me so we can have some .mil to .mil comms?

That is correct. I heard Jan......

ReserveOfficerRecruiter

pilot
Just got the update, the Reserve IDC board that was supposed to take place in September is moving to January. All of the selections for Fiscal Year 2016 will be made at this board, and the plan going forward is that Reserve IDC will move to 1 board a year, taking place each January.
For those applying, if you completed your physical over a year ago, you will need to get an updated physical since they expire after 2 years. However, if your application is already at board, you will not need to complete another round of interviews. If your application isn't at the board yet and your interviews were completed in 2014, you will need a new round of interviews prior to the board.