• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old Farts Unite!

brownshoe

Contributor
Some of you know that I moved to an "over 55" community a few years ago and now have my office in my house. Well... today I was kidnapped at about four o'clock, taken to our clubhouse, and forced to drink beer! It WAS awful! :D

Anyway a bunch of us old farts (Army guys involved too) got to yakkin' about the old times and music came up (this song in particular). This is for the vets from the 60's:

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I'm a child of the 60's, still love this song and everything from the 60's! Steve, you rock and pickle you're cool too!

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
When this song came out and was playing on the radio, AM radio, not FM so the audio clarity wasn't all that great, my Mom remarked,"Why that's a dumb song. Hang On Stupid!"
"Uhh, Mom, it's Hang On Sloopy."
"Sloopy? Who would name their child Sloopy?"
"Mom, it's just a song."

CAMike

None
Contributor
I acquired my first AM/FM radio with S&H Greenstamps, accumulated from my parents fuel purchases. I miss the stores that exchanged those stamps. They had such neat stuff. Rock on!

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
My son has an absolutely kick ass vinyl collection of '60's, 70's and 80's rock and roll. Some of the album covers are worth real money too. All from his dad, mom and various uncles and aunts that grew up hippies when hippies was cool.