• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy OCS Application - Where do I find it?

CombatIT

Hello,

I found other threads about this exact same question but none of the links worked. I'm trying to get my packet together but cannot seem to find the current edition of the OPNAV 1420.1a. I have found the OPNAV 1420.1b but that is just the directions and does not include the actual application I need to fill out. Also, the ones that I have been able to find are dated for 2004, I had read somewhere that there was a new edition in 2008?

I guess what I really need to know is if this, the OPNAV 1420.1a, is the current edition or not? Thank you in advance.

Additional info: I am currently enlisted, already have a degree with a 3.9gpa, foreign language is Japanese, looking to go SWO-IW or SWO-IP.

exNavyOffRec

your CCC should be able to get one for you.

you may want to look at other designators, those 2 designators total about 10 billets or less each FY and they like tech degrees.

CombatIT

Thank you, I've been trying to meet with my CCC but we actually don't have one right now....long story apparently from what I'm told. I'm also putting it in for straight up SWO with plans to attempt a lateral transfer if at all possible. So there is no way to find the application online? I keep getting referred to the one I mentioned above but I don't want to risk filling out a form that is OOD and being rejected solely on that.

My current rate is IT. I have several certs. already and am getting a second degree in IT. I don't know if this will help my case but figured it's worth a try.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Thank you, I've been trying to meet with my CCC but we actually don't have one right now....long story apparently from what I'm told. I'm also putting it in for straight up SWO with plans to attempt a lateral transfer if at all possible. So there is no way to find the application online? I keep getting referred to the one I mentioned above but I don't want to risk filling out a form that is OOD and being rejected solely on that.

My current rate is IT. I have several certs. already and am getting a second degree in IT. I don't know if this will help my case but figured it's worth a try.

It may help, specifically with SWO-IP as it shows you already know the field and also hold some certs. I'm an IP, feel free to shoot me a PM if need be.