• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

26 July 2015

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Please be aware unless you're active duty no one yet has been scheduled for this class. I keep seeing folks "assuming" that FY 2016 means they'll automatically be put in the first OCS class around.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
I received an email from my NRD that said I was shipping 26 July, and I'm not AD. Not sure what to think now.
Seeing as a bunch of the people posting here have received FINSELs prior to having their dates moved, just know that the possibility for change exists.
I don't know how many boards are left that might affect July report dates, but things like age-critical selectees and other time-sensitive circumstances could result in someone's report date being pushed to accommodate.

Gator Guard

always knife hands
Seeing as a bunch of the people posting here have received FINSELs prior to having their dates moved, just know that the possibility for change exists.
I don't know how many boards are left that might affect July report dates, but things like age-critical selectees and other time-sensitive circumstances could result in someone's report date being pushed to accommodate.

I got my Final Selection Letter on 22 Jan, and a subsequent email from my NRD saying my ship date had been moved to 26 July. Just wanted to be clear I have received a FINSEL letter.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I got my Final Selection Letter on 22 Jan, and a subsequent email from my NRD saying my ship date had been moved to 26 July. Just wanted to be clear I have received a FINSEL letter.

No you haven't. Until you have a letter with the new OCS class you officially haven't received a FINSEL.

Please be aware unless you're active duty no one yet has been scheduled for this class. I keep seeing folks "assuming" that FY 2016 means they'll automatically be put in the first OCS class around.

RUFiO181 welcome to the thread. I have a question but wanted to let you know I've been following a lot of your advice on these threads and I really appreciate what you do on here. My question is for the AD personnel, if we have received ORDMOD's shifting us to another class (or in some cases multiple classes) should we also receive a new FINSEL letter in addition to the hard copy orders with the new report date? My original FINSEL letter was back in January but it had no reference to an OCS class date.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
To dovetail on the above, aren't FINSEL letters more of a formality for AD? I've heard that the actual orders, though subject to change, are what's the most important.

I have received, signed, and forwarded back to Millington the Service Agreement/Program Authorization form NAVCRUIT 1131/109 (Rev 09-2014) which I erroneously remembered as my FINSEL. I looked by in my documents and found my actual "SELCTION FOR OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL PROGRAM" letter with the Service Agreement as an enclosure. The letter does indeed have a referenced date for OCS as well. So my question now becomes, as AD are we supposed to receive a new FINSEL? Additionally on block 3, the letter states to mail a copy to OCS as well which I was told was not necessary by Millington but if it is should I send the one with the original class date?

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
I have received verbals as well with the July 26th class. Hope everything goes smoothly and Final Select letters / Orders are released at the beginning of May. This information came from the OP as well as the PM.