• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Your favorite/Least favorite chow at OCS

deeregirl

i thought the chicken was always good and their brownies were pretty sweet too! the beef was always terrible b/c you had to chew it forever...gross

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
You went to the chohall while on Libo?
I left as soon as libo was sounded and got back maybe an hour before it secured.

Too true... Sundays were spent as far away as possible from Brown Field/Quantico in general. I don't recall ever being there...

Lawman

None
your kidding me!!! you didnt once have duty platoon...or the dreaded duty company?

Alpha 3 pulled duty platoon, duty company the weekend that the 2nd increment Candidates started in processing...... :icon_rage I think I cleaned the same head 6 times before they let us get some food.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Alpha 3 pulled duty platoon, duty company the weekend that the 2nd increment Candidates started in processing...... :icon_rage I think I cleaned the same head 6 times before they let us get some food.

my platoon had duty platoon/duty company the last libo....All i have to say is that the females do some foul business in the field heads

chupacabra

pilot
Contributor
I thought the ribs they had a few times were delicious.

Breakfast hot chow was pretty awesome too, especially with the gravy on everything.

And the cake...one of the few things that I would consider good, not just "good for OCS."

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Breakfast hot chow was pretty awesome too, especially with the gravy on everything.

That "sausage" gravy was disgusting after a while. I think it was the Domino's Pizza style rabbit turd sausage pieces that ruined it for me.

wrk

I always thought it was funny how when you'd have PT after breakfast, they'd tell you to not eat as much, so you'd eat "less" but it was still way more food that you'd ever eat for breakfast on a normal, non-OCS day. I ate so much at OCS I actually gained three pounds.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I freaking hated how every night around 2000 I would be starving and couldnt stand it. Those days that we didnt have chow until after PT just plain killed me.

Armorer

Salad bar

I know that we got a lot of calories from Bobo hall (I'm guessing, well over 3000 calories a day). But I don't recall getting tons of food at the hot line, just one meat, one starch, one vege. I think all the food that we grabbed from salad bar/bread line/dessert tray added alot of calories.

I remember one of our SI getting about 5 slices of white bread from the field hot chow. he probably thought that was the only way he could get enough calorie.

deeregirl

i always got hounded when i got an orange because they would yell at me for trying to peel an orange with two hands and then made me peel it with my teeth yada yada yada...needless to say i chose apples from then on

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I liked getting the apples more because they would clean all that nasty oreo and granola trash outta your teeth. Plus they were much easier to eat.