• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Yardstick is the greatest pilot of all time...

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
But then you’d have to fly E-6’s

Yeah, who in their right mind would want to fly the largest plane in the Navy’s inventory while in the process gaining heavy multi engine PIC? That’s not valuable on the outside is it? Air refueling is fun. Not deploying on a boat is fun. Per Diem is fun. Yeah, sounds really terrible

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, who in their right mind would want to fly the largest plane in the Navy’s inventory while in the process gaining heavy multi engine PIC? That’s not valuable on the outside is it? Air refueling is fun. Not deploying on a boat is fun. Per Diem is fun. Yeah, sounds really terrible

You will get this sentiment because it is the farthest thing from being a Naval Aviator while still being a Naval Aviator. And if you want to be an airline pilot, there are faster ways to do it.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
You will get this sentiment because it is the farthest thing from being a Naval Aviator while still being a Naval Aviator. And if you want to be an airline pilot, there are faster ways to do it.

meh, not everyone can be an almighty helo driver. The op was asking about what platforms would fit best for a family lifestyle. Big wing platforms would be the best bet. Sorry that I’ll be at the majors before you helo trash

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
San Diego, Mugu, Jax, Whidbey, FDNF, Va. Bch, Norfolk, OKC, Lemoore.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
meh, not everyone can be an almighty helo driver. The op was asking about what platforms would fit best for a family lifestyle. Big wing platforms would be the best bet. Sorry that I’ll be at the majors before you helo trash
Meh... I think I have you beat there. What major do you fly for?
giphy.gif

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
Meh... I think I have you beat there. What major do you fly for?
Seeing as you’re fts, I doubt you’ll be there in less time than my availability in 3 months, with multiple invites I might add, although I could be wrong. Still though, I’m sure they’ll be very impressed with all your time racked up in the starboard d. I guess I lack sufficient starboard d time to be considered a “real” naval aviator though

xmid

pilot
Contributor
The op was asking about what platforms would fit best for a family lifestyle. Big wing platforms would be the best bet.

Dude, relax. I wasn't talking at all about the OP. And maybe the E-6 community would be the best for her husband. I was just pointing out why people wonder why naval aviators question SNA's wanting to go E-6's. I think your lifestyle is great. You win. You're probably better pilots than us helo trash too. At the end of the day you fly out of an Air Force base, as far as possible from the ocean, doing a mission 99% of the Navy doesn't know about or understand. So that's why your going to get people scratching their head. If it worked out for you, I'm honestly happy for you.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Xmid, We need more of this kind of thing around here. Good show dude.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Seeing as you’re fts, I doubt you’ll be there in less time than my availability in 3 months, with multiple invites I might add, although I could be wrong. Still though, I’m sure they’ll be very impressed with all your time racked up in the starboard d. I guess I lack sufficient starboard d time to be considered a “real” naval aviator though

I was asking what Major to see if you'd like a LOR...

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
Dude, relax. I wasn't talking at all about the OP. And maybe the E-6 community would be the best for her husband. I was just pointing out why people wonder why naval aviators question SNA's wanting to go E-6's. I think your lifestyle is great. You win. You're probably better pilots than us helo trash too. At the end of the day you fly out of an Air Force base, as far as possible from the ocean, doing a mission 99% of the Navy doesn't know about or understand. So that's why your going to get people scratching their head. If it worked out for you, I'm honestly happy for you.
Lol, you don’t actually know anything about our mission if you don’t realize we fly 2/3s of our dets from coastal sites...