• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Word of advice when dealing with Aggies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

contrail_dash

Being an Aggie, well I'm used to the jokes/teasing...comes with the territory. I will say that certain individuals should exercise a little better judgement when making any reference to Bonfire.

I was there that night on the stack and by the grace of god I left about 45 min before it fell. My squadron was still there...several of my best frieds were hurt. And sadly I did loose a friend. Nathan Scott West.

So that said and done...just be more careful.
Thats all I'm going to say on the subject.
http://bonfire.tamu.edu/

Shaun Carroll
Texas A&M Class of 2002

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
I am not sure if you are aware, but they are building a huge memorial on the polo fields to commemorate that night. It looks like it will be pretty awesome, but I can't wait for Bonfire to return.

Class '04

rare21

pilot
Contributor
as a Texas (both born and raised and UT Austin grad) man i've never brought up what happened on that day the bonfire collapsed in an Aggie joke or comment. As far as other state's schools are concerned i'd rather have an Aggie Texan covering my back than anyone else. I have some good friends from A&M. i remember i was going to class when i heard what happened on the radio. i seriously thought it was another UT vs A&M joke even though i thought it was in some seriously horrible taste. Still UT banded together to help out and instead of a Hex rally that had been our tradition we had a candlelight vigil for those that died. No matter how much joking and teasing we can pull against each other, the bonfire incident should never be in that frame of reasoning.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
Good Bull is our way of saying something is, well, good. And I agree, Good Bull.
You could also say that you are Red ASS!

Gig 'em!

Status
Not open for further replies.