• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Winging Card???

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Did I dream up the part in API where they told us that GS=TAS+winds? The magic computer would have to know the winds aloft at every conceivable place and altitude in order to compute TAS. Not saying that it can't be done, but...

No, no magic computer for that as far as I know, which is admittedly limited. Yet another reason the AS limitation (which apparently is going away in some places in the US??) isn't held that tightly.

The bigger issue would be a huge wind, where some guys are showing 315 one direction where others are showing 185 the other. If you are the dude showing 250 where all your same way-same day guys are showing 185, I don't think it would take a rocket surgeon to see what is going on.

As for the 5% thing... Yeah, why don't they just get rid of that "rule?" Has anyone actaully payed any attention to that? I know in T45 land it wasn't even mentioned, and we were ALWAYS at least that far off what we filed for. I can't imagine it was any different in the big jets.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Found my card today inside the high speed holder!

- ea6bflyr ;)

Attachments

• Winging.jpg
    Winging.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Winging Folder.jpg
    Winging Folder.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 62