• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Will the board review my application...

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
...without a PRT?

My recruiter wants me to submit my application for May boards sans PRT. I asked if this was standard procedure or if it would hurt my chances of getting Pro rec'd, and he seemed to be under the impression that it was completely acceptable to submit an app to the board this way without hurting my chances.

If this means anything, he said, "Don't worry about it. I'm the "PRT Coordinator" anyway...just do your paperwork and pass the physical and I will do my part. All that matters is that you can do your minimums when you GET to OCS..." At which point he proceeded to tell me my minmums (44p/u, 54c/u, and 12:53 run - good low)

Just from testing myself I'm around 55 pushups, 65 situps and an 11:20 run. I'll be 26 by the time the board gets my app.

Any advice? He said I COULD do a PRT, but it wouldn't necessarily help me.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
...without a PRT?

My recruiter wants me to submit my application for May boards sans PRT. I asked if this was standard procedure or if it would hurt my chances of getting Pro rec'd, and he seemed to be under the impression that it was completely acceptable to submit an app to the board this way without hurting my chances.

If this means anything, he said, "Don't worry about it. I'm the "PRT Coordinator" anyway...just do your paperwork and pass the physical and I will do my part. All that matters is that you can do your minimums when you GET to OCS..." At which point he proceeded to tell me my minmums (44p/u, 54c/u, and 12:53 run - good low)

Just from testing myself I'm around 55 pushups, 65 situps and an 11:20 run. I'll be 26 by the time the board gets my app.

Any advice? He said I COULD do a PRT, but it wouldn't necessarily help me.

Are you serious? Knock out the PRT, and get used to them. If you are selected you will have many many many many more to do. Put in some extra effort, and show the board you are ready to commit yourself.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I did mine prior to application submittal. That's all I know. If you have an option, do the PRT. Otherwise, I'd just go with what the recruiter tells you.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
My recruiter has told me that he won't give me the prt until after I would be pro-rec'd.

nugget81

pilot
When I applied a few years ago, we did the PRT after getting the pro-rec. I thought I heard that had changed since then, but who knows. Just be ready to do a PRT anytime, using proper form and all. Good Luck!

PigzFly

I am submitting my package for the May board. My recruiter told me that procedures were just changed in which a PRT an MEPS are not needed prior to submitting the package. I have already taken the PRT so we are including my scores, but I dont know if it will weigh anything considering the changes. I was told though that once you are selected you only have 30 days to pass medical. This may mean the same for the PRT.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the advice, everyone. It looks like it's not required, but I don't like the fact that some candidates will have it included and I won't. I will talk with my recruiter again.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks for the advice, everyone. It looks like it's not required, but I don't like the fact that some candidates will have it included and I won't. I will talk with my recruiter again.

Make sure you listen then. Several people ahead of you have said it's not required. Your recruiter says it is not required and he's on your side. He knows a bit more than you do about what the board wants to see and how your package will play. Why not go with his advice?

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Make sure you listen then. Several people ahead of you have said it's not required. Your recruiter says it is not required and he's on your side. He knows a bit more than you do about what the board wants to see and how your package will play. Why not go with his advice?

Good point.

Goob83

None
I am submitting my package for the May board. My recruiter told me that procedures were just changed in which a PRT an MEPS are not needed prior to submitting the package. I have already taken the PRT so we are including my scores, but I dont know if it will weigh anything considering the changes. I was told though that once you are selected you only have 30 days to pass medical. This may mean the same for the PRT.

This is fact new rules again as of last month. I still have my applicants do medical and PRT before we submit. The reason for this is I want them and the board to know there are no issues and they are medically qualified. It really gives the applicant a level of comfort if they have some past medical issues that may present a problem at MEPs. If distance and timing is not good for the applicant then we discuss the options and submit the application without the medical and PRT with the understanding it will have to be done in 30 days if they are PRO Rec'd.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
This is fact new rules again as of last month. I still have my applicants do medical and PRT before we submit. The reason for this is I want them and the board to know there are no issues and they are medically qualified. It really gives the applicant a level of comfort if they have some past medical issues that may present a problem at MEPs. If distance and timing is not good for the applicant then we discuss the options and submit the application without the medical and PRT with the understanding it will have to be done in 30 days if they are PRO Rec'd.

Thanks, Goob. I WILL be going to MEPS prior to submittal, but I guess I'm going to go with the recruiter's advice on the PRT and hope he's right.

FWIW, I have been doing the PRT on my own after work everyday for a month and will continue to do so until the time comes.