• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why does this folder exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Since Primary and Intermediate are now joined together and we don't select until after the old intermediate would have been done, perhaps this folder could go away.

Just a thought.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Attention to detail and initiative like that is going to get you drive-by tasked by an observant O-4 in the fleet if you aren't careful. Remember: play dumb and appear mediocre, that way when you do good, everyone is pleasantly suprised and you come out looking "not as bad as everyone thought".

I'm kidding. Good point. It's probably here because all us old guys have no idea what the deal is with primary and intermediate these days.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Varmint, I hear the OPSO is looking for you, mentioned something about IDTC briefs and working this weekend, good luck... I keed, I keed...

Yeah, guess this folder can go away then.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Hey LTJG Nugget, you aren't scheduled today. Go over to TSC. The reservists are here and they can't remember how to do crypto."

"Hey LTJG Nugget, you aren't scheduled today. We need you to start the APU and open the comm box and sit on XXX while the FOs and 'Trons troubleshoot."

"Hey LTJG Nugget, we're changing the prop housing on XXX, you have duty pilot Saturday."

"Hey LTJG Nugget, why are you behind on PQS?"

"Hey LTJG Nugget, you know how you requested to have tomm off? We need you to fly with the Wing Stan guy. "

"Hey LTJG Nugget, you have SDO Friday morning thru Sat morn. We'll drink for ya at the Wetting Down."

"ALWAYS CARRY A CLIPBOARD FULL OF PAPERWORK AND APPEAR TO BE FRANTICALLY TRYING TO FIND ANOTHER J.O. FOR "SOMETHING URGENT" WHEN PASSING FROM SQUADRON SPACE TO SQUADRON SPACE (OR THE PARKING LOT TO CUT OUT EARLY). CARRY A BLACK GOVERNMENT ISSUE PEN AND CLICK THE BUTTON REPEATEDLY AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE TO ENHANCE THE "I HAVE THINGS TO DO EFFECT". DO NOT SMILE OR LET ON THAT YOU HAVE A TEE TIME IN 20 MINUTES."- found written in an old J.O. 'guide to the fleet'

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Haha, I've got the clipboard full of paperwork ready to go, and I'm working on a 'not so bright' look so that I appear mediocre (or less). Once in a while I forget to accept the status quo ... I'll work on it.

airwinger

pilot
Interestingly as soon as I made corporal, the other NCO's gave me the "clipboard with a stern look and walk quickly" speech. worked pretty well to

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Also don't forget to have an extra cover and set of car keys stashed at work. That way you can take off and leave your keys and cover on your desk. They come looking for you, see your stuff, and say, "Well, he's got to be around here somewhere; his keys and cover are right there."

It works the same way in the surface world...the biggest clue as to whether or not someone has gone home is the boots in the their room. No boots on the floor=still at work. You'd be amazed at the number of people who never figured out how to put a pair of boots in a closet or a drawer.

kaiangel

I love it... When I got to my first ship I was given a green book and given the "always walk around with this open and say you are looking for a part" speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.