• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why can't I post? Why hasn't my account been approved?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I get quite a few emails from newly registered users, basically they all boil down to this:

"Why can't I post?!?!"

"I registered, but I got an email saying that my account was deleted due to NO PROFILE INFO"

"I have to take the ASTB tomorrow, hurry up and approve my account so I can download the gouge and take the test!"

We get a hundred or so new registrations a day, about 90% of which are from SPAMMERS, bots, or other sources. There are a variety of methods to screen them out, but the most effective is the manual approval of each new registration. This takes a little bit of time to weed through all the registrations, and determine which are bots/spammers, and which aren't.

At the time of registration, there is a page that asks you to update your profile info so we can differentiate you from the bots/spammers and approve your account. Specifically this is what's shown at registration:
Thanks for registering, and welcome to Air Warriors!

Due to the high number of spam bots and fake account registrations that are created, there is one more step to finalize your registration so you can begin posting and accessing any of the files or attachments in the posts.

PROVIDE SOME PROFILE INFO. Fill in your profile with some basic information on why you are joining the website, such as hobbies, background, aspiration, etc. Click on this link to open your profile field and update it:

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?account/

When that is completed, an admin will manually approve your account. Accounts with unverified email, and with no profile information will be deleted. If you have any questions, use the website contact form to email the admin.

For more information and background on this, you can visit this thread:

https://www.airwarriors.com/communi...ost-why-hasnt-my-account-been-approved.40991/

Thanks,

John
Webmaster
AirWarriors.com

If you leave a blank profile, we will DELETE your new registration.

It is as simple as that. Myself and the other two Admins are busy people with reals jobs (ok, at least they have real jobs!) in the outside world, and we take a day or two to get around to sorting through new registrations. Please be patient.

John

Last edited:

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you leave a blank profile, we will DELETE your new registration.
Great move, I about wore out my arthritic fingers, typing out individual requests to newbees to fill in their profiles (so we can get somewhat familiar with them, to provide more personalized, useful help/answers). A few have filled in their profile... then locked it, WTF? No way to assist them!:rolleyes:
BzB

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Mainly just trying to differentiate with spambots. But I fully concur with you BZB, at least some minor profile info on why you are here on the website, background, goals etc are helpful when replying to new users posts.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Great move, I about wore out my arthritic fingers, typing out individual requests to newbees to fill in their profiles (so we can get somewhat familiar with them, to provide more personalized, useful help/answers). A few have filled in their profile... then locked it, WTF? No way to assist them!:rolleyes:
BzB

We've been trying enforce this for a while now, but there's still some older users that got through without back when the process was more automated, which is probably what you keep seeing. My new favorite Spammer tactic is to put a profile pic and then put a town that matches their IP address in their "Location" section. Pretty clever, and it burned me the first two times. Now they get rejected.

To give some perspective on the amount of crap requests (mixed in with the good ones) we get, I cleared 100 yesterday. It looks like Webmaster cleared 200+ today.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Bumping this thread again...

Please put something in your profile when you register(!). We're getting hammered by spammers, so much so that I've seen as many as 30 new user requests in an hour. Some helpful hints to getting your account fast-tracked to the "deny" pile:

-your email has more than 2 periods in it. EX: p.o.p.u.lar.gu.y@douchebag.org
-it's apparently you were too lazy in typing your username/email. EX: aaddfsasdf@eyefloaters.com <----actual domain name
-you only have one vowel in your username/email. EX: most Indian spammers

Seriously though, put something other than your city/state in your bio so it's apparent you're not a bot. Thanks.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
To give some perspective on the amount of crap requests (mixed in with the good ones) we get, I cleared 100 yesterday. It looks like Webmaster cleared 200+ today.
I did that a couple times not too long ago. There's got to be a better way.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Over the last two weeks we have deleted around 1,000 fake/spambot registrations. If you wonder why you can't create an account, and what is taking so long to get it approved, please read the first post for some insight into getting your registration approved by one of us admins.

Mahalo,

John

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
To give people an update who may read but haven't registered and are thinking about it...

We have been getting hammered by spammers in the last few days. In the last ~3 hours, there have been 26 username requests and only 3 were actually approved (one was denied because there was only a profile pic). That said, while we're not outright banning mass email accounts like Gmail or Yahoo, but be warned: if your email username has more than one period in it (for example, th.ismy.email@gmail.com), chances are I'm not going to even check to see if you bothered with a profile. This type of email address is a common practice for spammers.

Back to the leftover turkey...

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Why did your registration get deleted? Why didn't we approve it? This thread will answer that question.

BUMP

Minnesota Tomcat

Turkeybeast
-your email has more than 2 periods in it. EX: p.o.p.u.lar.gu.y@douchebag.org
-it's apparently you were too lazy in typing your username/email. EX: aaddfsasdf@eyefloaters.com <----actual domain name
-you only have one vowel in your username/email. EX: most Indian spammers
I used to use the username Inzl Kett a lot. I got denied on a lot of boards. I decided to quite using that name because it looked too much like a spammer. That name is taken from a story project my sister and I are doing but no one else knows that. It just looks like spam to them.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thread bump. Fill out your profile when you register or I will delete the account as spam. Simple as that. I try an approve accounts daily unless I go on a trip then I approve them when I get back.

John