• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whole person concept.....OCS Board

MSAUZI101

CS3 - US Navy ( and OCS Applicant)
I am among applicants for the IDC Board 12AUG2013...Intelligence as my number one, followed by Information Warfare.

I've been reading on whole person concept...and here are some of the important things usually considered

1. Level of study (Bachelor, Master or PhD)
2. Exam Results (GPA for your degree, and ASTB/OAR)
3. PRT Score
4. Interviews
5. Letters of Recommendation
6.CO Endorsement (for active duty)
7. Work experience
8. Community involvement/volunteering
9. Eval (active and prior)
10. Essays (reasons to be naval officer, and core values)
11. Special abilities (Foreign language, flying hours, computer skills etc)
12. Extra-curricular activities
13.....and extra qualifications, eg warfare pins for active etc

V/R

exNavyOffRec

To be quite blunt the "whole person concept" is a PR stance, in most designators it doesn't come into play, and when I was in OR school we were told to not really use that term.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I am among applicants for the IDC Board 12AUG2013...Intelligence as my number one, followed by Information Warfare.

I've been reading on whole person concept...and here are some of the important things usually considered

1. Level of study (Bachelor, Master or PhD)

Intel and IW prefer technical degrees from what I understand.

3. PRT Score

There isn't a PRT score on the OCS application, but it might be different for priors.

A recent board took ~30 of 900 who applied for intel. Not sure on the stats for IW.

LET73

This just looks like a list of things they ask for on the application paperwork. Do you have a question, or some kind of gouge to offer other applicants?