• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who killed LT Van Dorn

Goodfou

Bet this will quickly go to the high side but just watched “Who Killed LT Van Dorn” on Amazon Prime. Released in 2019. Sure there is a lot more to the story but very sobering none the less.

Goodfou

That was really hard to watch. Wes was a really good dude. The best. I'm lucky to have known him.
Definitely! Anyone involved with Naval Aviation should have a somber response to that movie. From maintenance practices, to lack of flying currency, to inadequate COC response to concern of aircrew and maintainers, it hits very close to home for me. Experienced all of the above while an aircrewman and maintainer on P-3s; now as an AMDO, knowing that someday I may be put in the position to fight against institutional norms that are placing aircrew at unnecessary increased risk.

I have a buddy that was an LDO at one of those squadrons and there isn’t much he’d changed about that documentary. Sad.