• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whidbey housing

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do you guys really see VQ-1 gone by 2020?

That's the plan, unless there is some intervention (and time is slowly running out on that) I don't see how it won't. 'Best case' scenario, it limps along for a few more years but the inevitable will happen whether it is a good idea or not.

koliver

Look in Anacortes or even Mount Vernon/Burlington. I know plenty of people who make that commute, and then you're not "stuck" on the island.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Look in Anacortes or even Mount Vernon/Burlington. I know plenty of people who make that commute, and then you're not "stuck" on the island.
Generally the closer you are to 5, the easier Seattle, B-ham, and Vancouver become on weekends, because you don't hit the "oh fuck it; it's not worth driving that long" phase as early in the day. Balance this with how long you're willing to haul your ass into work and househunt accordingly.

Mount Vernon's about a 45 minute-ish drive. I've known people who've lived in Everett, Marysville, or Bellingham, but IMHO, that's an effing insane commute.

Oftentimes the Everett/Marysville people are compromising a heinous commute with a spouse. They go north, and spouse is forced due to their job to go south and fight the unadulterated hell that is Seattle/Bellevue rush hour.