• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Had a jeweler tell me the other day that letting the second hand run on a chronograph helps it keep better accuracy. That so?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Had a jeweler tell me the other day that letting the second hand run on a chronograph helps it keep better accuracy. That so?
Happy Thanksgiving, sir...

I just did a quick search over at omegaforums.net which is a site that I frequently visit. I read what Archer had posted regarding a question about leaving a chronograph running...see the red underlined text below. According to Archer, leaving a chronograph running can cause a watch to be less accurate. Although I don’t know Archer personally, he is a very accomplished watchmaker in Canada and is an amazing contributor at omegaforums.net...when he says something, I treat it as gospel.

LATE ENTRY: The chronograph referenced below [a 3570 Speedmaster] is a mechanical chronograph watch. For a quartz chronograph watch, I don’t know if accuracy is affected if the chronograph is left running.

Last edited:

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Happy Thanksgiving, sir...

I just did a quick search over at omegaforums.net which is a site that I frequently visit. I read what Archer had posted regarding a question about leaving a chronograph running...see the red underlined text below. According to Archer, leaving a chronograph running can cause a watch to be less accurate. Although I don’t know Archer personally, he is a very accomplished watchmaker in Canada and is an amazing contributor at omegaforums.net...when he says something, I treat it as gospel.

LATE ENTRY: The chronograph referenced below [a 3570 Speedmaster] is a mechanical chronograph watch. For a quartz chronograph watch, I don’t know if accuracy is affected if the chronograph is left running.

View attachment 28143
Thanks. That is good enough for me. I have never made a habit to let them run. Now I have an affirming opinion on that.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Thanks. That is good enough for me. I have never made a habit to let them run. Now I have an affirming opinion on that.
Cool beans, sir.

Also, a jeweler is a different animal compared to that of a watchmaker.

Both are skilled professions...but very different.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Custom jewelry establishment with a watchmaker on site. I thought maybe she was speaking for the watchmaker.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
The reason why Ford dominates the police vehicle market is because [a long time ago] mad dog drove one as a cop...and because mad dog drives one now...and because mad dog wears an Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch [with a Speedmaster pin]...and everybody wants to be like mad dog...

A long time ago...

Now...

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
@mad dog or anyone else. Are these fine swiss timepieces cheaper in Europe? I may be spending some time in EUCOM and may make it a point to snag a few if there is an arbitrage opportunity.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
@mad dog or anyone else. Are these fine swiss timepieces cheaper in Europe? I may be spending some time in EUCOM and may make it a point to snag a few if there is an arbitrage opportunity.
Unknown...I’ve been out of the buying game for quite some time and have never purchased in Europe.

Hopefully someone else will chime in.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Can maybe save on the taxes at airport duty free shops.
Thanks @Pags I was thinking it was cheaper overall since you can avoid any import/export fee or excise taxes. Not sure how the VAT plays in for nonresidents. If I can save a few hundred it might worth looking into.