• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

which major?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor2216

I just need some info from anyone who can help me with this. I will be starting my 3rd year of college in a few months and I need to decide on a major. I eventually would like to be a test pilot and take it a little farher afterwards and try to get into NASA and I need to know if I should study aerospace engineering or mechanical engineering? Does it even make a difference? If anyone knows any test pilots who can help me with this then please let me know. Thankyou.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
It doesn't make a difference. The fact that you can prove you are capable in a technical aspect is important. Keep working on your GPA because it is also a factor during selection for TPS. In regards to Aerospace Engineering, Monterrey (Naval Post Graduate School) offers a Masters degree in Aerospace and sends the graduates to TPS. You don't have to have a bachelors in Aerospace but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. You will find that you will have to work in the Corps to get to where you want. Regardless of what they say, higher education is difficult to achieve as a Marine Aviator. You are in high demand. Very few get the opportunity for TPS. Timing is everything and your deployment cycle may not allow you to enter TPS. Its an unknown but then so is life. Just keep working to achieve what you want and you will probably get it. Good luck. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.