• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where to live in the Pensacola area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam123

I'm at TBS now, and I'm going to report to Pensacola this summer. I'm planning on flying helos, so I'd like to live fairly close to NAS Whiting, but also fairly close to the beach. I'm prepared to live with a long commute to API. What neighborhoods should I be looking at?

NOSWO

Naval Aviator, MH-60S Knighthawk
I hate to say it, but something is going to have to give, I can't think of any place that is close to Whiting and close to the beach, and if you are a Marine (the whole TBS thing gave it away) just becasue you want helos, means nothing, I know in my squadron everyone is, for the most part, is getting jets for Marines, but it may change by the time you select 6 months from now.....maybe somebody else knows of some neighborhoods that I am unaware of..........

airwinger

pilot
Unless you're like a Marine(who shall remain nameless) who whined mightily when given jets and managed to get it switched over to helo's(said his CO "You're having wife problems aren't you" "me sir" "yes you are" "yes I am" "okay go helos") of course that's all hearsay.

NOSWO

Naval Aviator, MH-60S Knighthawk
Sad thing is that I know exactly who you are talking about, and they will be that guy who "had jet grades and was a jet pilot for a week." Oh what a small world aviation is....

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
http://www.pensacolamls.com/

Click on property...

Click on area you want to live...

I don't click on sub-area after above step..

Click on Rentals, if that's what you want to do..

Don't pick a minimum, but pick a maximum..

Select how many bedrooms..

Select 12 per page..

Bammo..

Can rent a 2 bedroom for $395.. I wouldn't, but you could. :) http://www.pensacolamls.com/property_detail.asp?mls=243038&referrer=search - eeep!

Anyway, this is how I found my house that I'm moving into next week. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage, privacy fence, SW of Milton - south of 90 - west of Galt City - for $850.

jaerose

Isn't $850 a bit expensive? Do you have roommates, or is it on the beach? Just curious. How much is your BAH (and what rank are you)? Thanks.

JR

jaerose

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask if you're buying, or renting that house? I guess it would make a difference, huh? Which have you heard is better to do?

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.