• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When to apply

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The application timing issue has come up once again around the forum. I have repeated myself until I am blue in the face. If you have heard my speech and not taken it to heart then you are a fool. It may cost you a job in the worlds greatest Navy. I am tired of trying to get some of you up from the computer and start the process. I know, however, many new members come on board every month so this is primarily for those guys. After many years in recruiting I have a pretty good handle on the application process. I know a few secrets I will share with you. Pay special attention. Here is my advice: APPLY EARLY. APPLY AS SOON AS ELIGIBLE. APPLY UNTIL YOU ARE SELECTED. Can I be more clear? The question may be how early is as early as possible. The answer is when you are first qualified. For BDCP that is generally after two years of college with outstanding grades and great physical shape. For straight OCS it is usually 12 months from graduation. Talk to a recruiter. I enjoy provding some quidance to all the wannabes and newbees out there, but you can't do better for application gouge than what a live recruiter can give ya. If you are a BDCP guy 12-24 months from graduation and haven't spoken to a recruiter you are a FOOL!! If you are a OCS guy and graduate in May or June you may have waited too long. Get off your butt today. Good Luck to all.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
wink said:
APPLY EARLY. APPLY AS SOON AS ELIGIBLE. APPLY UNTIL YOU ARE SELECTED. Can I be more clear? ........you can't do better for application gouge than what a live recruiter can give ya. ....... Get off your butt today. Good Luck to all.
thumbs.up.jpg
......... BZ

Perfect advice ... maybe this will short-circuit the never-ending "how do I" threads that dominate this web-forum ...... Naaaaaa...O.K. , it'll never happen. Good advice, Wink. How did we ever manage to stumble into the Navy , "back-in-the-day", without someone holding our hand(s)???

(smiles :) ... gotta have smiles :) ... )

Jas1029

I did not start the application process until about 4 months ago, which was a year since I graduated from college in aerospace engineering, and after a semester at graduate school in fall '04.

Is the selection process more competitive for me? I see a lot of comments on these boards about how those in my situation are up against greater odds of getting selected, but no recruiter has mentioned that. The jobs I am going for are Naval Aviator, SWO, and SWO nuclear.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FLYMARINES said:
As FlyNavy would say BEST. POST. EVER. sorry Fly, beat you to the punch.

That reply is reserved for sarcasm. Wink is on the money here.

Status
Not open for further replies.