• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When do you take the PRT?

worldtraveler

Now that I have a hang of this website and how it works, I have searched for an answer that I cannot find. I mean I have an idea since I saw that scores for PRT's seem to be given before they are accepted or rejected for the officer program. I am worried because my whole package must be in August 15th and I have not heard of anything about a PRT until I saw it as a requirement for officer jobs and plus on here seeing everyone's grades. Will my recruiter have me take it? He has not told me about it at all and I am quite worried now since it is cutting it close. And, in no way shape or form am i physically prepared for a prt, he just told me about papers and that's all I need. confused?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
For Navy, you take it either before your package is submitted, or possibly after you get Pro-Rec'ed. It's not a requirement for the boards, but some recruiters like to do it.

BullGator

And, in no way shape or form am i physically prepared for a prt, he just told me about papers and that's all I need. confused?
You better start preparing. Get out and jog, do situps and pushups whenever you can, ect... If you aren't prepared now, you should be asap. From personal experience I can say it can take much longer (I mean months) than you would expect if you are that bad off now.

Just ease into it for now and keep increasing the reps /distances.

Remember that being in PRT shape is also not sufficient for OCS shape as well, if you don't have to take the PRT until right before final select.

worldtraveler

prt

Well I mean I am physically fit as in thin I can do a fair amount of push ups and sit ups, just running I need to work on. I will definitely prepare myself for OCS but like I said I did not know about PRT at all that's why I have not been practicing. I can run pretty good though.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thin does not equal physically fit. That means you just might be within weight standards.