• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What should I memorize before OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewbohman

My OSO has a document full of things I'm assuming we're going to learn during acedemics at OCS. It's like 150pgs long and while I'll read through the whole thing a couple of times to familiarize myself with the info, I'd like to know what we need to know word for word at OCS. Things like the General Orders and ranks, which I'm sure we need to be able to recite in our sleep. What about those leadership qualities, acronyms and that whole rifle creed "Without me my rifle is useless, without my rifle I am useless"? Any thoughts?

matthewbohman

Nope, my OSO has the list, but won't release it until it's been signed off and official. Driving me crazy since my lease is over, my internship will soon be over and am ready to go, unless of course I'm not going anywhere. I feel really good about the quality of my package though.. and my application packet wasn't bad either!

mcm

Hey we have the same OSO, remember me?

So, he has the list and needs someone to sign it? Hell, I'll sign it.

matthewbohman

Oh, sorry man. I just read Mike M. and didn't realize it was THE Mike M! So I'm sure by now you've gotten your phone call that said you're going to OCC 184. I'll be there as well! The Lt. said we could do lunch or something on Saturday to answer any questions we had before he goes out of town for awhile. My PT has gone to hell since the end of rowing season and the beginning of full time, sit in my cubicle on my ass season. I started up again though last week and it shouldn't take me long to get back to respectability. Let me know if you want to partner up and train some.

jaerose

I think for Marine OCS you just need to know your name, rank and social security number...oh, wait...that's POW camp. My bad! J/K.

JR

3rdgenmarine

Learn the enlisted ranks first....You don't want to ever call a Gunny by the word "Sgt".
The enlisted pin-ons are almost impossible to see on the MARPATS until you're practically face to face. The officers' devices are a lot easier to see and you don't interact with officers much.
Next learn the general orders...I found you'll have time to learn the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.