• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS What Officer programs are available for persons age 40 and above?

shawn2124

I have 15 years on active duty. I know that LDO and CWO are options and I see that intel has a maximum age of 42. Does anyone know of any other programs?

exNavyOffRec

IDC is it, and it is very selective (high GPA/tech degree are positive things), you need to be commissioned by age 42 so you need to be in OCS by 41 and 9 months, so given the wait and the infrequency of boards you need to submit a year before that to be safe.

I would keep LDO and CWO as options, they will most likely have a higher selection rate that IDC

shawn2124

Ok, I am hopeful. I believe there is a board in August, so I'm shooting to have the application submitted by then. I have a masters with a high GPA and an EP average. I am taking the OAR as soon as I get back to the states. Thank you for the information.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I have 15 years on active duty. I know that LDO and CWO are options and I see that intel has a maximum age of 42. Does anyone know of any other programs?

What are your stats? Enlisted rate? School info? Etc? While you're at it take the time to search around this forum as most of your questions, including posting a motivational statement can be found. As an officer, you're going to be expected to take the initiative and solve problems on your own.

Being that you're at Andrews AFB I'm going to assume you're in the aviation community. With that being said, your best option is likely LDO and/or CWO as a path to being commissioned. I don't see the IDC community taking you being that you have almost 5 years of service until you can begin to retire.

shawn2124

AWF1 Flight Engineer, MPS Homeland Security, EP average, Unit Security Manager, I wrote our ATFP instruction, lots of quals, several leadership positions. I've browsed around the forum and I am familiar with the threads. Thanks for the information. I am going to route the IDC and LPO applications. If I pick up E-7 I'll do the same for CWO. What other stats?

TnSig

SNA
There was a guy at OCS with me who was 41. Prior service BM who got out and worked as a software engineer before putting in for Intel. He was older than most of the staff but he did fine.
In short, it's a possibility.