• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is it like to be an NFO?

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
Sorry to threadjack this threadjack back to the original questions but for yeti.... use the search function, there is a lot of specific information on what NFO's do in different communities. If you still have questions, ask specific questions about specific communities. What a P-3/8 NFO does is a whole helluva lot different than an E-2 NFO, completely different on the job and off the job lifestyle.

For me, I didn't even put pilot on my initial application, NFO was all I wanted and never had a single regret. Sometimes, the pilots get all the excitement and sometimes the NFO's are the stars of the show, but they all work together to get the job done.

Good luck.

But seriously, why not a P-3 CAG?? :)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pardon my ignorance... but what's to love about Lamp? On second thought, what is eff'n Lamp???:confused:
BzB
BzB, it's a quote from a movie called Anchorman.
44-1026-competition-i-love-lamp.jpg

Metist

Hello, I am 28 years old and have been thinking of becoming an NFO. I have no interest in being a pilot, but the idea of handling weapon and jamming systems as an NFO is something that greatly appeals to me.
I only have 2 questions that are important to me.
1. What are the hours on average? I have worked 60 hour a week jobs before and I wanted to kill myself. I can handle working a lot if it's for short periods of time.
2. Will I get sleep? I am the type of person that needs a full 8 hours of sleep or I can't function.

BDavis11

Contributor
Hello, I am 28 years old and have been thinking of becoming an NFO. I have no interest in being a pilot, but the idea of handling weapon and jamming systems as an NFO is something that greatly appeals to me.
1. What are the hours on average? I have worked 60 hour a week jobs before and I wanted to kill myself. I can handle working a lot if it's for short periods of time.
2. Will I get sleep? I am the type of person that needs a full 8 hours of sleep or I can't function.
Military might not be for you bud.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
1. Long hours with periods of pure joy flying. The preparation before flight is sometimes tedious, but the flying is very rewarding. Better than driving a desk in an office.
2. yes, some. But sometimes not enough.