• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is it like to be an NFO?

BigLuvin

pilot
None
Hello, I am 28 years old and have been thinking of becoming an NFO. I have no interest in being a pilot, but the idea of handling weapon and jamming systems as an NFO is something that greatly appeals to me.
I only have 2 questions that are important to me.
1. What are the hours on average? I have worked 60 hour a week jobs before and I wanted to kill myself. I can handle working a lot if it's for short periods of time.
2. Will I get sleep? I am the type of person that needs a full 8 hours of sleep or I can't function.
I’m gonna have to agree 100% with BDavis11 on this one. NFO let alone military won’t be for you. 60 hour+ work week with constant studying and doing your ground job (when you’re not flying). There have been many times where I would only get 5 hours of sleep even though we get crew rest only to go fly a 8+ hour flight. You might want to look into SWO. Word is those guys/girls get plenty of rest and time off.