• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what is BDCP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunrunner

ok, so this will probably sound dumb...but what exactly is the BDCP program? Im a college freshman and currently at a school which doesnt offer NROTC...so i was wondering if anyone out there had a link to a specific website or anything else i should know. Any info will be greatly appreciated, thanks

jaerose

It's a sweet deal...you get paid more than a lot of working folks and don't have to hold down a job. You get base pay, housing and food allowances (tax free), full medical/dental/vision insurance, $250,000.00 life insurance that hopefully you won't use, you can start putting money in the Navy's retirement plan (TSP, but a Roth IRA is a better idea first, then extra into TSP), you accrue leave (vacation) like everyone else, you get a raise every year and you get your 'time in service' pay raises as well, you can get promoted for getting better than a 3.5 (1 paygrade) and also for referring someone who goes into the program (1 paygrade) for a total of 2 paygrades, your time in BDCP counts towards retirement, you can pay for your MGIB while in BDCP and you get paid summers off if you don't need to take classes. Does that sound pretty cool to you? It did to me, too! All-in-all, I got paid about $75k to finish my degree...plus you can work if you want too, or not. Hope that all helps.

JR

Wunrunner

Thanks for the info, just curious on how selective the process is to be selected for Naval Aviation...b/c thats the only reason that i want to join the navy, to fly. But, thanks for all the help so far, im gonna check out that link and go from here. Thanks again
Matt

jaerose

Pretty selective, but if you apply early, then you could get a spot down the road about when you graduate. Most people get mad because they want a spot now, but there's a wait, but if you don't graduate for 3 years, then you'd probably be good to go supposing everything else qualifies.

JR

av8tor

A great way to stick it to the American Taxpayer who funds you 1800/month for sending your transcripts to the OPO office nearest you. And a guaranteed contract, homie! HOLY **** it is a scam!

Status
Not open for further replies.