• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is an LDO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
An LDO is a prior enlisted officer who was at a minimum an E-6 who was eligible for the Chief's exam. LDOs are commissioned to do a specialized job similar to their enlisted rate. Perfect example is an SK being an LDO in the supply corps. I don't know about the unrestricted lines, but in the Maintenance community, there's alot of LDOs and CWOs.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Hey not-even-a-middie, how is that an oxymoron? An Officer who came up through the enlisted ranks was prior enlisted. Of course, you're not even in the Navy yet. As for why someone would be a CWO vice an LDO, worry about graduating college first.

pri·or1
adj.
Preceding in time or order: “ [They] insist that foreign vessels seeking access obtain prior approval” (Seymour M. Hersh).
Preceding in importance or value: a prior consideration.

frcabot

Dude, relax, seriously, it was a joke. Get it, enlisted officer is an oxymoron. I didn't say it didn't make sense. You need to chill.

ox·y·mo·ron ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ks-môrn, -mr-)
n. pl. ox·y·mo·ra (-môr, -mr) or ox·y·mo·rons
A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence, mournful optimist and enlisted officer.

So an LDO needs a college degree whereas a CWO does not, is this the difference?

And no, I am allowed to and will continue to ask questions. One learns and betters oneself by asking questions. So instead of passing around reputation points because I asked questions, do the intelligent and mature thing and just answer them.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Okay, enlisted officer is the oxymoron. Look back at your post all star, you quoted "Prior Enlisted Officer". Nice job. LDOs don't need college degrees.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
<grammar nazi>
"Prior-Enlisted Officer"
</grammar nazi>

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice try on the negative rep-point frcabot. What's the matter, feel bad that you made an ass out of yourself? Don't feel bad, I do it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.