• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What do ya think? Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Okay guys, I am in the final leg of my BDCP application, the pft. Anyway, I have been running on a treadmill and I was wondering your opinions on this. If you set the treadmill to an 8:00/mi pace do you think that when you run outside your time will be slower or faster? Right now I am at 13:40 for the 1.5 mile, what do you guys reccommend for a way to speed this up to par so I can take the exam and send off my application. My recruiter said I should get it in asap b/c there are BDCP slots opening up right now b/c I won't be graduating until a year from this august. My grades are about a 3.3, I scored a 50 on my OAR, great job on my biographical inventory, I have letters of reccomendation from a state supreme court justice, a senator, a guidance counselor, and a county sheriff. What do you guys think of my application?

ghost_ttu

You'll have to get that run time down majorly. And I know this because my run time was one of the things that killed me. Running on the treadmill is a good thing, however; it is assisted running. Your time will go increase outside when it isn't assisted. I suggest that you get outside and get a breath of fresh air and start running. You'll need to have your time below 12:00, and I'm hearing that 11:00 is preferred.

Ironnads

How far are you running on the treadmill? First, try to
find a track to run on since this is what you'll be doing
for your pft. As you build endurance, your 1.5 time
should improve. Even if you have to stop after
a mile and a half, keep walking at a brisk
pace while you catch your breath. Toward the end of your
workout, try alternating running a lap and walking a lap.
Try to work yourself up to at least 3 miles of nonstop
running before you take the pft. Also, I would try to run
every other day and do some crosstraining on the inbetween
days. In 3 weeks or so you should be able to get down into
the low 12's or maybe lower. Take a few days off from your
workout before the actual pft to let your body recoop.

Travis Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.