• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS What can I do to better set myself up for the application process?

xcinman

Awaiting my commission in May
What can I do to personally set myself up for a better chance to gain acceptance into OCS based on what I have done with myself thus far in my life. My interest is in Aviation, or potentially Intel. I am not dead set on a branch, so any advice there would be nice!

While I know that there are many threads already out there with the exact same questions that I am presenting, I am seeking more tailored advice to my needs if I can get it.

With that being said, I am currently a sophomore in college where I am double majoring in Computer Science and Mathematics. On top of that, I am a scholarship athlete on the Track and Cross Country teams(we are at the division 2 level if that matters at all). Being on these teams is basically a full time job for me aside from studying because we have practice and competition year round. Due to my participation on these teams, being in excellent physical condition is not an issue for me. I currently have a 3.87 GPA after 3 semesters. I am a student who typically freaks out when they receive a B in a course. I am attending college for 5 years to receive my bachelors degree because of redshirting in athletics one year so I can use my eligibility another year. I have job experience through internships where I worked with software development the past two summers and I plan to gain much more later on. As I have gone through high school and college, I have felt compelled to serve in some form, but iI wanted to be an officer where I could lead. A few individuals I know influenced me as I have grown up and fascinated me by their careers and resumes with their respective military branch.

This is all information that I believe would be important in the application process for OCS that I can conjure up at this current time in my life. If anyone would be willing to offer some kind advice as to what I can do to improve or make myself stand out better when it comes time to apply, that would be greatly appreciated. I am still in the soul searching process in determining if this is what I wish to do with my life versus a civilian job.

Thank you!

exNavyOffRec

without you having been to a MEPS physical and taken the ASTB comments are limited, besides that read below.

If you maintain your current GPA and degrees you will have a good shot at nearly all designators, just keep doing what you are doing.

xcinman

Awaiting my commission in May
without you having been to a MEPS physical and taken the ASTB comments are limited, besides that read below.

If you maintain your current GPA and degrees you will have a good shot at nearly all designators, just keep doing what you are doing.

Thank you for your quick response! Yes, I understand that there are things that are required for application such as the ASTB test that I will need to get done. I have yet to actually talk to a recruiter about anything. Thank you for your input on what I have thus far.