• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN What are my chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo brown

Future CTN/maybe OCS
I applied for OCS and I was wondering what my chances are, my overall GPA is a 3.055, but my major GPA is a 3.389.
OAR Scores: 47,4,4,4
Major: BS mathematics, minor in chemistry.
If I don't get into OCS I have a back up plan to be a CTN.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
There are a couple of threads dedicated to posting your stats and getting feedback on your competitiveness (try the search bar at the top of the forum). I can tell you though that the GPA used for applications is the overall, your major GPA doesn't matter. You didn't post what you were intending to apply for, most require a minimum of 45 OAR; you have the same OAR as me, but no competitive GPA to make up for it. If you're trying to go for NFO or SNA, 4's are not going to cut it. What did your recruiter say to you after you took your test?

Leo brown

Future CTN/maybe OCS
Thank you for the quick responses. I originally wanted to be a Crytpolgoic Warfare officer or Intelligence officer but my recruiters explained to me that I needed experience before getting into those fields. So my next top choices after that were NFO, pilot, SWO, and Supply. My recruiter told me that I could cross rate to CWO or intel officer after being one of the roles for x amount of years. I have read that scores of 6+ are required to be competitive to be a pilot so I mostly wanted to confirm what I already knew. I also enlisted as CTN and will be leaving for that in August and I am willing to work my way to becoming an officer. It's mostly likely looking like I'll be going enlisted first then having a chance to be an officer. How long does it typically take to switch from enlisted to officer?

Status
Not open for further replies.