• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What Are My Chances-Navy Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solon Skarlatos

Hello everyone! So I am currently applying to the Navy Officer Program for both Pilot and Intel, but I am only serious about Pilot. Intel is there as another option as my number two. So I have done all of the steps, except I am waiting on some letters of recommendation. I have gone through medical, taken the ASTB (55, 6-7-6), and I'm pretty much just waiting for the board date. My question is what are my chances of getting accepted? My recruiter told me I should get accepted but I wanted to hear all of your opinions. I graduated college with a degree in history (3.4 GPA), assistant coached a soccer team, was in an honor society in college as well as student government in high school. I've looked at other posts, and seen some people say that similar scores would be tough to get in with, but I was wondering if the new Commander in Chief would be bumping the numbers up, increasing my chances? Anyways, thanks in advance and sorry if I missed anything.

ichneumonidae

Solon Skarlatos

50%.

In all seriousness, though, aviation has a pretty high acceptance right now so it seems you have a decent chance.

Also, you should feel free to corroborate this by using the search function here on AW. Lots of helpful questions (and answers). Here are some threads to get you started:

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/what-nrc-considers-competitive.41212/

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/11jul17-pilot-nfo-board.44973/

Thanks for the quick reply, I checked the first link/thread a while back when I first stumbled across airwarriors, but it seemed a little old as from what I understand, the acceptance and scores fluctuate quite a bit. Still a good thing to note! I luckily have a squeaky clean record, no drug/arrests/DUI, just two parking tickets that I paid off right away. I have another question, my recruiter told me that I shouldn't use high up people that I barely know but should instead use old bosses and teachers that I've known for a while. I was wondering if this is true or if I should use high up military personnel that I know through my brothers?

ichneumonidae

I used a bit of both - though I was applying to smaller communities where I imagine name recognition is more relevant. Couldn't hurt though, as long as the military personnel are saying good things ;)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, generally letters of rec from people who know you well and can speak to your leadership, responsibility, maturity, etc, even if they’re not military, are much preferred over letters from military officers who don’t know you very well.

For your other questions - see the threads for current applicants. You can see their scores and stats and compare your own. Otherwise, we try to avoid every new guy starting his own general questions/what are my chances thread.

Read thoroughly, good luck, welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.