• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumppilot01

LCDR Geers,

Welcome to the Airwarriors forum! It is nice to see a recruiter on here to answer those questions that can only be answered by the source (when a meeting at Starbucks is out of the question).

A question that is not really related to aviation, but if someone is interested in getting involved with subs, what type of community would they enter in, or apply for?

Thanks and welcome,
-Adam

geerst

Hi Adam,

The largest community would be submarine nuclear officers, which we have a pressing need for right now. Wanna switch? Supply Corps has some slots as well.

Take care, OPO

jumppilot01

Originally posted by geerst
Hi Adam,

The largest community would be submarine nuclear officers, which we have a pressing need for right now. Wanna switch? Supply Corps has some slots as well.

Take care, OPO

LCDR Geers,

I'll have to look into it a little more, but being from the Seattle area and an avid SCUBA diver I've always had an interest in subs. But being a non-academy grad, I wonder how far I could go in that career path.

Would I even be picked for that community? You know my background, what are the odds?

Aviation is what I was educated in and want to do for a career, but it is always interesting to learn about other possibilities.

Take care,
-Adam

rhollin1

LCDR Geers,

You mentioned in your statement above that the Supply Corp has a few slots. That is the best news I think I've heard is a while :) With that said, I am wondering what "you" think of my stats and what is the likelihood of my getting in? I know this is a bit vague; however I'm only looking for generalities here.

28, prior Navy (3 years Seaman E-3)
3.4 GPA, B.S Computer Science
ASTB: 48 overall (not sure on specifics)
60 PUs, 63 SUs 11:31 run (sucks)
Letters from Postmaster, 2 Instructor

I put in for (in this order)

Supply Corp
NFO
AMDO

I'd like to get into Supply but am willing to go with any designation.

Thanks for any help,

Ron

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

http://www.geocities.com/ronhollin/

cjh23

LCDR Geers,

I am in the process of applying for SNA, but I have run into a major obstacle with the anthro measurements. I am about an inch short on the BKL and was wondering if there was any way around this or if perhaps the measurement was taken incorrectly?

geerst

Rhollin1,

My answer to your question is simply my opinion based on who has been selected in the past. The selection boards are comprised of individual officers from the respective community in which you are applying. Their basic criteria is a 4-yr degree with a 2.0 GPA. The remainder of the criteria is subjective; that is, up to them to decide. Having said all that, I think your chances are slim. Supply: They are looking for (and getting) business degrees. Your GPA and ASTB scores are good, but the wrong degree at the wrong time. NFO: With an ASTB OAR of 48, I do not think you made the requisite scores for NFO on the AQR and NFAR of 6 and 7, otherwise your OAR would be higher. If that is true, you will not make the competitive cut for NFO. AMDO: Being such a small community, they want folks with aviation experience. Did you get an interview with an AMDO LCDR? If not, your chance of selection is almost zero.

Sorry for the bleak news, but I am answering your question. Good luck to you, shipmate.

OPO

geerst

CJH23,

If your recruiter measured you in his office with a tape measure or without an anthro measuring device like a permanent wooden chair specifically designed for measurements, and being so close on the measurements, you should ask your recruiter to have you measured by an aviation physiology unit at a military hospital/clinic. If after that process you are still outside the limits, then that is that. You are not physically qualified for flight. The purpose of the measurements is to ensure you can reach the flight controls in Navy aircraft, as the design of the cockpits can only accommodate the "average" human.

OPO

Status
Not open for further replies.