• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Weak Swimmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghish

What happens to the students who are weak swimmers? Say they can't pass the mile swim or some other part of the swim survival course, are they recycled to the next API, stay at API till they pass, or recycled to another MOS?

-Ghish

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
If you're that weak, chances are they'll pick up on it before you get to the mile. At that point, they'll put you in a remedial swim class. You'll remain with your regular class and swim in the evenings. If you fail an event and its makeup, then you'll be rolled. I'm not sure if you roll back into the next the class or if you remain on some type of "swim hold" until you pass the event you failed. There is the potential of being "washed out" if you can't pass after the remediation. But, they'll work really hard on getting you up to standard -- if you're a poor swimmer, start working on that now. Don't wait until API.

LadyJayUSN

My suggestion, for what its worth, practice, practice, practice....

<I SWIM 'CAUSE I'M TOO DAMNED SEXY FOR SPORTS THAT REQUIRE CLOTHING>

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Ghish, are you a CWS-1?

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.