• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Way too early FY20 O4 Board results

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One name I know on that list left their JO sea tour with an un-ranked MP. That was at first glance, I haven’t poured over it yet.
Yeah, that is what I was addressing. Not sure what this person’s particulars were, but with screen groups compressing, that is going to be a thing now.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Lots of guys who got pulled up for their first look w/o an EP made it, which is great news. Also, all WTIs (at least in VAQ) got the meritorious asterisk, which is also great news.
Yeah, that is what I was addressing. Not sure what this person’s particulars were, but with screen groups compressing, that is going to be a thing now.
When you said that, I presumed you meant guys who had been EP sea but had not yet received their EP shore simply due to timing. You meant MP sea............

How is that a good thing? Honest question, not trying to poke the bear.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I meant no shore EP prior to their stat board. I don’t have any info about people getting selected w/o a first tour EP, though I presume that happens.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I'll say this: the guys that got the asterisk that I know are solid guys and gals. I am impressed to think the board got that right. Not the case for HSC that SWTI automatically equaled with merit. Was happy to see two guys that I know get "with merit" from the VTs. Both are solid performers in and out of the aircraft. Also recgonized several VFA and VP names that I know are well respected by their peers get it. Looks like the board got the "with merit" part right for sure.

I also saw some people who were TBD on their shore tour as they hadn't had their highwater yet. They made it too. Glad to see they weren't unfairly/prematurely punished. Lots made it without a production shore tour too which is interesting and shows the depth they have to reach now is farther than it has been in recent memory for sure.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I can’t speak to these results but on the O-5 board, not all HSC SWTI types got the asterisk. I personally know two guys who were identical, they had masters, SWTI, JPME, and in a staff tour and one got an asterisk and the other didn’t.

sickboy

pilot
I must have missed something in the last year or so. What determines "with merit" jawn?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I must have missed something in the last year or so. What determines "with merit" jawn?
You're more than welcome to read the board precepts and tell me if I'm wrong* but I'm guessing either some gonkulator formula of your fitrep GPA relative to the reporting senior's cumulative average, or whoever got the highest scores from the secret 25/50/75/100% voting buttons in the tank.

* see what I just did? I just delegated something from retirement! but it's not JOPA rebellion if you refuse and tell me to F myself, it's actually meaningless either way

:p

azguy

None
You're more than welcome to read the board precepts and tell me if I'm wrong* but I'm guessing either some gonkulator formula of your fitrep GPA relative to the reporting senior's cumulative average, or whoever got the highest scores from the secret 25/50/75/100% voting buttons in the tank.

From my understanding, this is correct. There's a brief out there in which each community produced a slide to define for the board what traits are valued for merit promotion at the LCDR/CDR/CAPT grades.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
The one merit reorder I recognized was a #1 EP in the fleet, WTI shore tour, now on their super-JO ride. Honestly, good for them, a little cherry on top for performance. I still think its a cheap ass move to not promote 1/12th of the list every month, but whatever.

electric_warrior

pilot
I’m happy for everyone that made it, but a few of the names on the list kinda surprised me. Am I the only one?

I am far from a rock star myself, but yes, there are some very surprising names on that list. Looks like if you went to the boat you made it. It'll be interesting to see those board stats when they post.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
The one merit reorder I recognized was a #1 EP in the fleet, WTI shore tour, now on their super-JO ride. Honestly, good for them, a little cherry on top for performance. I still think its a cheap ass move to not promote 1/12th of the list every month, but whatever.

Assumed that is how it worked and I'm wrong I guess, how does it work?