• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Way too early FY20 O4 Board results

SWOtivatedNOT

So, I was commissioned via STA-21 and found out I was selected from this site vice message traffic. Is there any way that this might happen again, but for the FY20 O4 results? Or at least a breakdown of how many and from where (BI,IZ,AZ)? Asking for a friend.....

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
So, I was commissioned via STA-21 and found out I was selected from this site vice message traffic. Is there any way that this might happen again, but for the FY20 O4 results? Or at least a breakdown of how many and from where (BI,IZ,AZ)? Asking for a friend.....

Unless your front office is very on top of the ball when it's posted, the results (once official) tend to leak out quickly.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Depends(classic TOPGUN answer). One of my friends from the squadron is doing this. Depends on if you put on O4 prior to transfer. If you don’t the answer he got was enjoy being a Captain and waiting for the AF promotion board, good news they are taking everyone, bad news is that you’re going to have to do JPME. He was told if you don’t have the rank on the AF won’t just bring you in as O4. This is all AFSOC/AFRES specific. No clue if the guard cares that much.

SOS took me two months at a leisurely pace, so I wouldn't sweat it too hard.

I actually just enrolled in Air C&S College two weeks ago and am about finished with the second of eight modules so I can keep USMC C&S Distance Learning on the table for retirement points to get "good years" while in the IRR.

Strongly suggest if anyone has to do PME, go the AF route.

Meatloaf

pilot
SOS took me two months at a leisurely pace, so I wouldn't sweat it too hard.

I actually just enrolled in Air C&S College two weeks ago and am about finished the second of eight modules so I can keep USMC C&S on the table for "Good Years" regarding retirement while in the IRR.

Strongly suggest if anyone has to do PME, go the AF route.

SOS is not as quick and easy as it used to be; I just finished the Distance Learning version of it (the in-seat is only 6 weeks long). I've had nothing else to do while I wait for a TX course and it still took 4 months. Most of the time is spent waiting for the facilitated courses, which only happen once a month. There's also a bit of delay between each self-paced course while you wait for grades to post.

SWOtivatedNOT

Unless your front office is very on top of the ball when it's posted, the results (once official) tend to leak out quickly.
Yeah, but I've seen results and/or stats leaked out before the official results were released so I was hoping someone would be able to do it here again....

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, but I've seen results and/or stats leaked out before the official results were released so I was hoping someone would be able to do it here again....

I don’t think the O4 board results will be treated like STA21 results. These are a bit more high visibility.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Curious as to whether any of you are going into this board with an MP due to screen group consolidation. Hoping to extract some stats on that from PERS when the results are out.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
“Sir, can you sign this blue folder please?”
SECNAV N1: "The executive summary doesn't have any showstoppers that would need more staffing, so sure. I'll send the boss an email, cc COS, and recommend he decline NAVPERSCOM's office call. Don't forget to follow up with OPNAV for me."

(I don't actually know what goes on in staffing that list or specifically how the Secretariat is organized; I'm just being facetious. :))

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
SECNAV N1: "The executive summary doesn't have any showstoppers that would need more staffing, so sure. I'll send the boss an email, cc COS, and recommend he decline NAVPERSCOM's office call. Don't forget to follow up with OPNAV for me."

(I don't actually know what goes on in staffing that list or specifically how the Secretariat is organized; I'm just being facetious. :))

More Like: "You used the incorrect font on the routing sheet, it's supposed to be Times New Roman, not Calibri. Please send back down and have everyone take a second look at it, since I clearly can't trust you all to focus on the important details..."

Treetop Flyer

pilot

My understanding is that Secretariat had an abnormally large heart

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None

Was any of that English??