• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Water Survival Course (and dunker)

Logico

Does anyone know if there is a Water Survival Course (the full course) with the helo-dunker in the following areas:

1) Norfolk VA

2) Jacksonville FL

If yes, do you know any contact numbers to schedule myself for these? I have been googleing for awhile now and can't seem to find what I need.

Thanks

MasterBates

The head-kick seems to be a common thing. I got cracked in the head by a S3 NFO who was determined to go from the CoPilot seat out the Pilot window instead of the main cabin door.

Which I would expect in a real situation in the back of a helo that goes down in the water...

ViewAskew

The head-kick seems to be a common thing. I got cracked in the head by a S3 NFO who was determined to go from the CoPilot seat out the Pilot window instead of the main cabin door.

Which I would expect in a real situation in the back of a helo that goes down in the water...

I'll never forget doing rock, paper, scisors with my best friend while we were hanging upsidedown in the pilot and copilot seats to see who was going out to the main cabin door first lol

KC130FE

Livin' the Life!
The scenario is pretty cool now, what with the lighting, thunder and all. The dunker rolls over alot faster than it used to as well. But the head kicks are still the same.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got cracked in the head by a S3 NFO who was determined to go from the CoPilot seat out the Pilot window instead of the main cabin door.

There you go again, an NFO thinking he's a pilot. What's really AFU is that we have a couple NFOs in the squadron right now. All good people of course, just funny to see them floating around with VRC insignia and nametags.

* The NFOs are from the S-3 rag and are awaiting their next set of orders. To be honest it's kind of nice having some more officer's around with 2 dets gone and 1 about to leave.

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
If I remember right, the one in Jax only flips you once if you're requaling as a P-3 guy. (Based on the possibility of P-3's going in the water upside down and you being able to life through it to egress, three of the four were just straight down into the water). On one or two of the runs, you had to pretend one person was knocked out and pull them out. But it's been a few years since I've been through and they may have changed it since then.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If I remember right, the one in Jax only flips you once if you're requaling as a P-3 guy. (Based on the possibility of P-3's going in the water upside down and you being able to life through it to egress, three of the four were just straight down into the water). On one or two of the runs, you had to pretend one person was knocked out and pull them out. But it's been a few years since I've been through and they may have changed it since then.

That's true of the Jet community re-qual as well.

Brett

Southern Ag

pilot
Just went through the P3 requal, its 5 times in the dunker w/the last time ending into the 'nightstorm' . No big deal

dbatt005

P-3 FO
None
Does anyone know why I would have orders to complete the refresher here in Jax before going to the squadron (VP-10)? I am currently at VP-30 and completed the initial training less than a year ago and the 3710.7T says the renewal is every 4 years. Should I try to get my orders moded (if that's a word)?

MasterBates

because if you get extended, stay there at wing, etc, you will go over 4 years, and it is way cheaper to have you do it NOW, than to send you back to do it in 3 years so you will be OK thru a det/deployment/shore tour.