• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Want to change your Title under your Username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So, you want to change your title and be like all the other kewl kids in class, but the damn webmaster locked the UPDATE YOUR TITLE ON YOUR POSTS TOPIC (http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2586) for the last X number of months, what were you going to do? Well, thanks to one of our great programming members (Kathy), she made up a mod to the forum, where you can change your title, and it comes to me for approval.

Now, I am pretty far removed from the training pipeline, but a whole truck load of you guys have just gone through OCS and are SNAs in the pipeline, or have finished it and are in the Fleet. And in many cases represent all the communities that people are coming here to get answers for.

So, if you want to get your title changed (and no, not Admiral or CEO), examples:

SNA API
SNA Primary
SNA Advanced Jets
SNA Helos
SNA P3s
SWO daddy
Intel wannabe
Naval Aviator F18s

etc... you get the idea!

Go edit your profile (click on My Page at the top, then Edit Profile on the left), and there will be a block to type in called "Requested Title:", type it in there, and submit, and I will approve (or not) as soon as I see it.

Also, you see someone with a title that gets past me, and they shouldn't have it, raise the bull**** flag if you happen to see something amiss.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Oh, forgot to add... I troubleshot the mod, and everything seems ok, but if you encounter any errors in it, please post them here.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
we can get rid of the SWO daddy....since I am THE SWO DADDY! All others are just sons and daughters.

JKD

just a thought...
You may be able to include a set of common titles that do not require approval (drop down menu/combo box). Anything not on the list would require approval. It may save you some maintenance (not sure how much of an issue either way will be).

You also may consider once you approve a title, it would be on the list for others. This would give you less control though.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There is an option for custom titles, just trying to decide how I want to apply it.

Status
Not open for further replies.