• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiver for OCS

172driver

Hey guys, new member here. Quick question regarding waivers and OCS. Talking with my recruiter, he stated it would be extremely difficult to be accepted into Coastie OCS if you require a waiver. Long story short I was "diagnosed" with exercise induced asthma in high school. I took the pulmonary function test and was determined to not have it. Either way it raises a huge red flag whenever it is brought up in recruiting.

I'm not asking another stupid "what are my chances" thread. Just curious if anyone in the know could shed some light on whether they have heard someone being an off the street guy needing a waiver getting accepted at a board. The way the recruiter explained it was that for every person who needs a waiver, there are 100 people who don't. Any thoughts fellas?

CoastieFlyer

Box Lunch Connoisseur
pilot
I don't have first hand knowledge, but that sounds like a fairly accurate bundle of info that recruiter gave you. We have TONS of qualified applicants right now.

With that being said though, you will never know unless you apply. Force them to tell you no if this is what you really want.