• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiver for Deviated Septum or Septoplasty?

Mxdamien

Hello Ladies and Gentleman,
So I have a deviated septum and now I am going to try and get a waiver and was wondering how hard they are to get for a deviated septum? I have no sinus issues what so ever just the deviated septum. If I can't get a waiver I was going to go ahead and get a Septoplasty but was wondering if that's waiverable as well? Was mostly looking at getting a Septoplasty after I got in since I am getting time crunched before the next boards but will do it if need be to avoid getting DQd.
Thank You

TimeBomb

Noise, vibration and harshness
Mx,
A simple, uncomplicated deviated septum is not disqualifying unless it causes problems with the sinuses or interferes with the wearing of flight gear. If you want a septoplasty or septorhinoplasty because you don't like the way your nose looks, that surgery is not considered disqualifying (NCD) and needs no waiver.
http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmotc/nami/arwg/Documents/WaiverGuide/06_ENT.pdf

I wouldn't recommend getting it fixed unless you're having problems. You don't have anything medical can't make worse.
R/

Mxdamien

Mx,
A simple, uncomplicated deviated septum is not disqualifying unless it causes problems with the sinuses or interferes with the wearing of flight gear. If you want a septoplasty or septorhinoplasty because you don't like the way your nose looks, that surgery is not considered disqualifying (NCD) and needs no waiver.
http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmotc/nami/arwg/Documents/WaiverGuide/06_ENT.pdf

I wouldn't recommend getting it fixed unless you're having problems. You don't have anything medical can't make worse.
R/
Thank You for replying,
Ok yea it does not complicate anything or cause me any issues, its just deviated. I decided I would go to an ENT and have them check it and write me a note saying its nothing serious. My only question is how much could having a deviated septum hinder job and aircraft assignment?
R/