• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting for Recruiting to Submit ADDOCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKD

I completed everything for the Advance Documents (ADDOCS) to be submitted last Friday. The civilian processor in the office said he is just waiting on the Chief and LT in the recruiting office to complete their write-ups. Chief has called me a couple times throughout the week to ask questions, so I know he is working on it.

Typically, how long did it take for others to get the application submitted once their paperwork was done? (I know this will vary by recruiters, but I'm curious. Plus I need some reassurance to keep me from calling a pestering them...yet...)

I also know this is just one step before the "long wait" for prof. recommendation, but it would be nice to know the package is airborne.
banghead_125.gif

edge

Man, I totally feel you're anxiety. When you're pumped about serving your country and following your dream it's hard not to go crazy. I've had many restless nights lately being unable to sleep because every time I pictured getting the chance to be an officer my heart rate would jump through the roof and sleep would be out the window.

I submitted my app to my recruiter on December 10. It had to go to some intermediary step which didn't really get explained to me other than they were the ones to validate that the package was complete and without errors, but on December 17 it was shipped to the CNRC.

As for how long it takes to hear anything back... depends. Each of your choices has it's own selection board and each meets on a schedule that isn't necessarily regular. Some meet more often than others. However, I just found out on my first choice yesterday meaning the "pro-rec" portion took a little over a month. I don't know when I'll hear on second and third, but hopefully not too long away.

It also depends on your recruiter. Some have good experiences, others have bad. Mine was awesome in my eyes, or at least compared to what some people have said. I guess I just got lucky.

Anyway, good luck to you... I hope that helps.

JKD

I'm not sure the second and third choices even look at the application if it is pro-rec from your first choice.
My understanding is the ADDOCS go to the program manager for pro-rec. Then you submit FINDOCS, which then go to the board for final approval/selection.

Thanks for the comments.

edge

Yep, that sounds right. Hmm, didn't know that about the second and third choices. Learn something new everyday.

JKD

Recruiter just called. My application was faxed today. Should have confirmation of receipt by Monday. Now I can settle in for the long wait.

sludge31

I waited 6 months the first time...hope it doesn't take that long for you guys...the suspense really sucked...sludge

Status
Not open for further replies.