• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

waitin on meps

cgoetz

Hey guys I know I haven't been on here in a while but I thought I would give you guys an update on my medical situation. So I went to the psychologist for my eval, after asking me a bunch of questions about my depression he has concluded that I in fact did not have depression but "adjustment disorder" which is a less severe diagnosis. I actually found out from my recruiter that I actually don't need a personality test done or any specific psychological test for that matter but just a write up. Bottom line things have taken an interesting turn.

cgoetz

I was wondering if I could give me som help with this. The pschologist I saw last week said that after hearing my case he felt that my last episode was not depression but in fact "adjustment disorder". He said that adjustment disorder is not as severe as depression and according to the waiver guide it seems to hold true. I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback as to what this diagnoses means for me. Is this diagnoses more in my favor? Is it likely the wiver board is going to want more follow up information on it?

cgoetz

I'm not sure DUI but as far as adjustment disorder the waiver guide says that it is temporarily disqualifying. It sounds like it can be waivered but I'm not sure I gotta find out. Also anyone on here is going to tell you the same thing they told me, apply where you wanna apply and don't let anyone disway you.

donttreadonme

I'm not sure DUI but as far as adjustment disorder the waiver guide says that it is temporarily disqualifying. It sounds like it can be waivered but I'm not sure I gotta find out. Also anyone on here is going to tell you the same thing they told me, apply where you wanna apply and don't let anyone disway you.

I just looked up the diagnosis code that I was given, and turns out that it was adjustment disorder as well. Interesting. Hopefully that's a good thing. Let us know how it goes cgoetz.

cgoetz

Yeah well right know I'm trying to see if my recruiter sent my stuff in yet to the med folks. According to the Renegade, a contributer on here that works in a meps, adjustment disorder is something minor and not as severe as depression. So that should give me a better shot but the fat lady hasn't sung yet I still gotta approved and then goes on from there.

donttreadonme

Just sent my records in to MEPS this afternoon. When my recruiter saw the mention of suicidal thoughts, he seemed to think that was a deal breaker and said they probably wouldn't even give me a psych consult. So, I'm not pleased. But my fingers are crossed. Should know by next week.

cgoetz

Hey guys well I just got an email from my recruiter saying taht he sent in my paperwork yesterday afternoon and he hopes to find something out by early next week. Safe to say that I am really nervous. Its been a long a road so far and only a short distance of it has been traveled. I hope everything goes well. As you all know I have been trying to get waivers both for my eyes and what was originally as depression (now adjustment disorder by a psychologist). I have been told by those of expertise on hear that this is a much more favorable disorder, however nothing is certain until the final word is handed down. I like to say thank you so far for all your support and advice.

cgoetz

Well I just got an email today from my recruiter and he says that I have been dissapproved for further processing. I'm trying to figure out if I can apply again or is this pretty much it. Does anyone have any ideas?