• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VR-1

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Really does fascinate me what detailers/PERS can get away with when they know they have a captive audience who wants to chase that next promotion.

Want me to take a “hard fill” in the private sector? FU; pay me.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Waaayyyyy back in the day, we had an FTS that did a tour in our active duty fleet squadron as a DH.

Actually, it was the predecessor to the FTS, forget what they were called now.

He went on to pick up a flag.

TAR is what you're looking for.

Way back in the day....I stayed in the cockpit the whole time as a FTS while also putting on O-5. I was an outlier. IBB's post is spot on. One flying DH tour, maybe a second if you can finagle it (and that might be a CO tour). Otherwise, plan on managing NROWS.

I will say that at least VR has the various NATOPS evaluators as potential billets at the LOGWING, but that seems like a good deal that I'm sure PERS can kill when necessary.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
They “fixed the glitch” on the rules allowing folks on their shore tour to apply to FTS unless they’ve got really weird timing that already opted them out or a disassociated. My buddy who picked up as an ~8 YOS LT in 2017 was one of the last ones I think. He’s doing a second flying tour (VTP now VR) but I imagine he’s an outlier.