• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vet hiring and the civ/mil divide: in which nittany03 threadjacks a threadjack

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
One thing I learned is your work does not care about you.

For as long as I can remember, wherever my dad has worked, he has kept a sign over his desk that reads: "You can love you wife, your children, and even your dog, but never, ever love your job, because no matter how much you do, it will never love you back." That has stuck with me and in my 30s with a family nowadays I'm gaining far more appreciation for that saying than I did in my single early 20s.

exNavyOffRec

For as long as I can remember, wherever my dad has worked, he has kept a sign over his desk that reads: "You can love you wife, your children, and even your dog, but never, ever love your job, because no matter how much you do, it will never love you back." That has stuck with me and in my 30s with a family nowadays I'm gaining far more appreciation for that saying than I did in my single early 20s.

I can think of a few jobs where they may love you back........ or at least tell you that. :D