• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC C-130 Slots

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
Just saw this and wasn't sure if If I shouldn't just put it in the arcane tattoos thread....but I'll be damned if this isn't devotion to your mount.

c130_hercules_tattoo.jpg

That thing needs more death and destruction. Guns a'blazin would take it off that fine line.

mattsource57

There's usually about 25-30 spots per year. I just selected Hercs two weeks ago.

First off, Congrats on getting Hercs. I have a couple months left now and the info that you quoted me from is accurate for this year. You'll see when you check in from MATSG. There is also a wait for the ATU right now as well(6-8 months). BTW if I understand correctly there is only one slot left until Nov this year; Just by counting the people I know of in the pool and in VT-31 there are only 12 Studs (that selected FY09), so that comes close to the 14 slots I heard about. Good luck, if you need any gouge let me know.

vincentjus

Anyone know how many slots there are for Navy SNAs to get C-130s. Fewer than there are for Marines I'm sure. Also, how long is the C-130 expected to be in service?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone know how many slots there are for Navy SNAs to get C-130s. Fewer than there are for Marines I'm sure. Also, how long is the C-130 expected to be in service?

Navy flight students can't select C-130's when they complete flight school. There are only in a handful of Navy reserve squadrons that fly them and they don't take people directly from flight school. There was an exception to the rule a few years ago but that was a 'once in 20 years' instance.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

There are 0 slots for Navy SNA's. Navy C-130s are flown operationally in the Reserve VR squadrons.