• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC C-130 Slots

Bighead

Does anyone know on average how many C-130 slots in a given class? Are these slots hard to come by? Any comments from anyone in the C-130 pipeline.

Thanks

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I'm sure like everything else, the # of C-130 slots out of primary are going to depend on the week.

Seems that 2 C-130 studs per class at VT-31 is the norm right now.

kmc9280

The deployment schedule is typically much different than standard. Usually it will be two weeks here, 4 weeks there. For a standard 7 month dep they will send out a crew for half of it and then send out another crew to relieve after 3-4 months. There is always a chance for an individual billet oversea however. They seem to be getting more popular. For example, they have sent guys over for 6 months to stand up iraqi squadrons and oversee the training the setup of new bases. Those typically requie TS clearance which can be helpful in the future.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
My first deployment was 4 weeks in support of the 11th MEU(SOC) in Jordan. My second one was 3 months in support of 13th MEU(SOC) in Kenya and Kuwait. East coast squadrons were regularly deployed to Turkey and Europe. West coast to Africa and middle east. Okinawa squadron covered far east and Austrailia. So request a location depending on where you want to spend the most time.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
There was one slot given during my selection back in January, and I don't think I had heard of one for a while before that. From what I saw, they were the most competitive pipeline to select out of primary for Marines.....though that could have just been the timeframe I was selecting in.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
This is one of those what % get C-130's?? Of course, I don't the answer but from what I've seen out of VT-6, those above have good answers. I remember when I was with VT-31 years ago and those Marines selected C-130's were usually pretty good, it was very competitive so higher NSS types were getting it. I used to be happy when paired with a C-130 type, I knew he would have his shit squared away as a partner in the sim. With the P-3 types, you just never knew. Us E2/C2 types were so fucked up, we need a good co-pilot :D

MasterBates

Since us E2 clowns had to break 50 but just barely we tend to be the "tries really hard, but not so good" type :icon_smil

Or the "could be a rockstar, but lives at the Pelican" type :D

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Just saw this and wasn't sure if If I shouldn't just put it in the arcane tattoos thread....but I'll be damned if this isn't devotion to your mount.

c130_hercules_tattoo.jpg

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Haha...wow, seems like something one would regret someday when it gets droopy and faded.