• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Aviator From Start to Finish

lazer jr

Good morning ladies and gentlemen,

I am currently pursuing an OCC flight slot with the USMC. My father was a hornet guy (just retired in 2014) and it has always been my dream to become a Naval Aviator like my father. I'm just curious as to what the timelines are in the process of becoming an aviator in the USMC. I graduated college last May, I've already passed the ASTB and the OAR, and I'm currently awaiting feedback from the DODMERB. How long does it take DODMERB to approve for a flight physical. Also, I'll definitely need to get a waiver for a head injury I had sustained a few years back. Thankfully, by the grace of God, I have no permanent damage and was back to 100% within 2 weeks after the accident. I would really like to make it to the March board for May OCS, but I don't know how long it'll take the DODMERB and NAMI to push my stuff through. Any tips on the timeline? I've already been on hold for almost 2.5 years due to the head injury (they've labeled it as a moderate head injury hence the 2 year wait). Thanks in advance guys.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good morning ladies and gentlemen,

I am currently pursuing an OCC flight slot with the USMC. My father was a hornet guy (just retired in 2014) and it has always been my dream to become a Naval Aviator like my father. I'm just curious as to what the timelines are in the process of becoming an aviator in the USMC. I graduated college last May, I've already passed the ASTB and the OAR, and I'm currently awaiting feedback from the DODMERB. How long does it take DODMERB to approve for a flight physical. Also, I'll definitely need to get a waiver for a head injury I had sustained a few years back. Thankfully, by the grace of God, I have no permanent damage and was back to 100% within 2 weeks after the accident. I would really like to make it to the March board for May OCS, but I don't know how long it'll take the DODMERB and NAMI to push my stuff through. Any tips on the timeline? I've already been on hold for almost 2.5 years due to the head injury (they've labeled it as a moderate head injury hence the 2 year wait). Thanks in advance guys.

1. Ask your recruiter.
2. Search.

EPSTEIN364

I think he is trying to do his research....

DODMERB and getting PQ'd takes a long time. probably 6 -12 months.

OCC is the hardest / longest way into a flight slot. Took me 3 years after first contact w/ the OSO. Took me three boards. Some got it first try. Needs of Marine Corps.

lazer jr

Much appreciated. My OSO keeps telling me that DODMERB will get their results back to me next week. Just seemed too good to be true haha. I've been working on this contract since January 2014. Reaon I'm just now getting this far is because I had to wait 2 years for a moderate head injury that occurred in Nov. 2013 (per regulations). Now that I'm getting things rolling, I'm more than ready to get that next check in the block.