• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USAF LASIK policy

Squeeps

I'm currently working on my application for SNA, but if it doesn't pan out I'm considering jumping over to the AF.

However, I had my LASIK done at a civilian doc, and I've read few mixed things on this. I've heard that PRK is waiverable in the AF from a civilian doc, but LASIK "must" be done and documented by an AF doc.

I've already checked out with the Navy, but I'm wondering if this is true for the AF.
Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm currently working on my application for SNA, but if it doesn't pan out I'm considering jumping over to the AF.

However, I had my LASIK done at a civilian doc, and I've read few mixed things on this. I've heard that PRK is waiverable in the AF from a civilian doc, but LASIK "must" be done and documented by an AF doc.

I've already checked out with the Navy, but I'm wondering if this is true for the AF.

Thanks.

Being that this page is mainly for Navy-Marine Corps aviation your best bet is to ask an Air Force recruiter.

Flight

Thanks.
You can also try posting here:
http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums/

It's a (mostly) Air Force forum